LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trunking it?

Surfed Monmouth County NJ today in a new sealed 3 ml, no gloves and 3 ml boots. Was absolutely sweltering and had to keep flushing the suit to cool down. 2ml is a good call. I'm gonna move down to my super leaky 3ml Oneil heat.

wait a tick, is zach back?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    Surfed Monmouth County NJ today in a new sealed 3 ml, no gloves and 3 ml boots. Was absolutely sweltering and had to keep flushing the suit to cool down. 2ml is a good call. I'm gonna move down to my super leaky 3ml Oneil heat.
    Oh boy, i got my 4/3 for after work, you think boots are needed?

I went out thursday after work in a 4/3 with boots. Maybe if it's 90 tomorrow. I caught a nasty head cold that's moving into my chest. Might be a day or two until I get out. However, I ususally wear a 3/2 well into june, and my 1 mil top most of july.

i've been wearing a 3/2 no boots for the past 2 weeks. might go short sleeve full today

6. First day trunking it in VB today and it felt great. It was a high of 93 degrees tho so maybe wetsuit next time.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I prefer comfort though. I see no reason to trunk it until its really warm.
    i can't wait to get out of my suit after a long winter and am much more comfortable skinning it rather than keeping any rubber on. i usually go trunks and a 1mm top at around 63 depending on air temps.

glad to hear that one! (that someone trunked in VB today)

saw some tool driving around all day long checking every street in ocnj. booties and a hood. dry. come on man. just pick a spot and freakin surf...or don't....but you could tell that guy hadnt been in the water in a whiiiiiile.

Do it?

I trunked last saturday when it was 58 and lasted a good 20-30 minutes, but i wasn't exactly warm