LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hardcore

"giving up everything else in life to surf..."

Brother... you should re-assess.

i think it's hardcore when people don't bail on anything in their life (job, family, friends, location) and still manage to surf every swell.

I guess everybody's definition is different. To me, a few examples would be, people like Jesse or Bethany. Those two are HARD F'N CORE. Or any person who fights and survives for years in hellhole places like Iraq or Afgahinstan....imagine being a surfer fighting in the desert.....thats pretty f'n hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by whosthat View Post
    I guess everybody's definition is different. To me, a few examples would be, people like Jesse or Bethany. Those two are HARD F'N CORE. Or any person who fights and survives for years in hellhole places like Iraq or Afgahinstan....imagine being a surfer fighting in the desert.....thats pretty f'n hardcore.
    exactly - overcoming incredible hardships or making sacrifices for others is hardcore.
    Talking about how hardcore it is to make sacrifies so YOU can surf a lot seems to me kind of trivial and pathetic. And calling it "hardcore" seems odd, when surfing every chance you get is a whole lot easier most other options like raising a family, working a full day, doing something good for your community...etc.
    Last edited by scotty; May 14, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Murphy's Law, Reagan Youth, Warzone, Sick of It All, Breakdown, Subzero, Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Underdog, Token Entrym CoC...thats about all I can think of

when i was 15, and it turned out ok now,wife,children,friends,job,but when 15 i chose surfing over school,work,family,friends,home, so i could live at the beach, and if you love it that much i don't know how you could live over the bridge,i can't, that's all,my opinion,my wife and children love me,i have a good successful career,good friends,and i live at the beach,so to me a hardcore surfer is someone who makes it a priority,and,i figured a surf site would understand,since many of you seem more involved in it than i am,lbcrew.

You know what hardcore is now - Getting a job to support yourself so you don't need to take government handouts which the rest of us are paying for such as public housing, welfare, food stamps, health care, blah blah blah. If you want to live near the beach and surf everyday and can figure out how to do it on your own - great. If you expect someone else to pay the freight - your a total looser and don't deserve sh1t. This is directed at all the loafers out there who don't work and think life is someone elses responsibility.
    Last edited by Recycled Surfer; May 14, 2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Murphy's Law, Reagan Youth, Warzone, Sick of It All, Breakdown, Subzero, Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Underdog, Token Entrym CoC...thats about all I can think of
    Lol, nice list.

Images
    Hardcore is shifting your lives around to surf. Going to a wedding and changing into you tux in the parking lot cause you were late getting there cause it was firing and you didnt wanna miss the waves . Or almost being late the the birth of yoru child cause it was headhigh and clean and you havent surfed in a week .

Now thats hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    TSOL, Bad Brains, Fugazi, Lucy Brown.......not sure if I've moved into the punk category