LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone ever surf Old San Juan PR?

Im Going on this cruize next week and I see my only hope for any waves in PR. But the ship docks in Old San Juan.. Anyone find surf or a rental shop there? Oh yeah 85 degree water hahah.

Whoahh Puerto Ricans don't like white people... ****ing gringos.

Stay in NJ and surf man!! why u go down there?

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...day-(tm)-morn-!
    Last edited by rDJ; May 15, 2011 at 08:29 PM.

And Im sure all you guys on here dont go on trips? Foken kook man.

And yes thanks for bringing that thread up as im sure the puerto ricans will attack me while Im there

went there 2 years ago..if u go into san juan theres a surf shop called tres palmas they rent shortboards..super cool guys...i forgot the names of the break i went to but it was pretty good even tho there was not much swell...all the puerto ricans were super cool tho

Images
    I went there on a cruise too. It didn't seem like there was much going on in terms of surf. I thought the same thing, but once I got there I only saw a couple mini breaks on the outer reefs from the beach.

Thank Rightaway.. I might try to venture north or south to look for something.. Did you see any board shops around??

7. A good friend of mine Steve Fitz lives in San Juan. Stayed with him a few times. Can't beat 25 years of local knowledge. La Ocho Surf shop is walking distance (20 mins)from Old San Juan. Check them out. Good shop.

Surfing in Old San Juan

Yeah, La 8 rents boards (you can walk there from the cruise ship piers), and from there you can walk over to the public beach at El Escambron (next to the Normandie Hotel) and paddle out to a reef break also called La Ocho, hence the surf shop name.

I've always found PR surfers to be very cool - the usual caveats apply.

Surf cam for La Ocho here:

http://www.comoestaeso.com/forums/co...-surf-cams-20/

Yes, La Ocho surf shop rents boards (La8surf.com). You can talk a short cab ride, or even walk, from the cruise ship piers. From there, head over to the public beach called El Escambron (next to the Hotel Normandie) and paddle out to the reef break there, also called La Ocho.

La Ocho surf cam here:

http://www.comoestaeso.com/forums/co...-surf-cams-20/

I've always found PR surfers to be cool; the usual caveats apply.

Sweet thanks! Any place I can catch some knee slappers or anything and make it back to the ship by night?