LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What are the roads like?
    Do you have to go off roads and on to the beach to make it to certain campgrounds?

this isnt nicaragua man, NC has some of the best roads in the country.

Images
    haha, not in Wilmington

the answer is,for the most surf=Hatteras nps,for possible surf/beautiful natural world solitude=Ocracoke nps,for the most amazingly beautiful site/possible surf/10 minute drive to Hatteras=Frisco nps.
    buy off! make fires have bug screens

that being said, nps is so evil, destroying the Outer Banks life, I don't know if it's right to stay there, though they are far and away the best,if you really are a surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    that being said, nps is so evil, destroying the Outer Banks life, I don't know if it's right to stay there...
    nps is not the problem, audobon society is. nps is just stuck in the middle.

42,don't tell a Hatteras local that,you won't make any friends,and they will set you straight on their take.
    environmentalist groups,yes,but nps is still doing their dirty work for them,and nps broke their promise to the people of Hatteras,including non-locals who love it as well.
    nps is in bed with audubon,selc,sierra,etc.,and surfrider does nothing either,but this is all another topic,so,i repeat,i just don't know about giving money to nps.those are awesome camp sites.

...nps broke their promise to the people of Hatteras,including non-locals who love it as well.
    nps is in bed with audubon,selc,sierra,etc...
    perhaps you'd like to explain those statements, given that it doesn't jive w/ the research & reading i've done on the situation (& that includes a chat w/ your beloved scott busby). a pm will suffice, so we don't derail this thread any further.

42-
    i did not mention my friend Scott here.
    i won't speak for him,either,but i will say i've yet to meet any one down there who does not state it as i did to you.
    the people of Hatteras all know the broken promise that is in writing as an open letter to the people of Hatteras by nps director Conrad L. Wirth in The Coastland Times on October 27,1952.
    check it out

nps = govt. Gov't = stupid rules. Stupid rules = less freedom.

Ill be down the road at the private owned one. Having a big a55 fire on the beach.

42,don't tell a Hatteras local that,you won't make any friends,and they will set you straight on their take.
    environmentalist groups,yes,but nps is still doing their dirty work for them,and nps broke their promise to the people of Hatteras,including non-locals who love it as well.
    nps is in bed with audubon,selc,sierra,etc.,and surfrider does nothing either,but this is all another topic,......

Hatteras or Assateaque still the same politically

I agree with you, done battle with NPS, the new wave of NPS personnel do appear to lean toward those envionmential groups to mandate their concerns over "local users" (local conditions) traditional access/use of resources managed by NPS (US Dept of Interior). Local conditions are further complicated and hampered by NPS ideology based on political directives, class actions suits and Federal Court decisions to mandate certain policies. The catch 22 for local users even the NPS has to follow protocol for those policy initiatives under EIS as well as NEPA policy requirements. The envionmental groups have the ability to rally their base on a national level that will drown out local level input on policy through public comment stipulated by both EIS/NEPA requirements. It will burn your a$$ when a comment from Portland OR will carry the same weight as if it came from Hatteras itself. The Key to forfeiting National input on a local condition is the Local (level) outcry to Capital Hill Congressional Reps/Staffers to intervene on behalf their constituents. If any local House member sits on an budget committee that is holding an "ace" card for sure. This has worked even against national organizations that have war chests of millions for their causes while the EIS and NEPA statements do take quite sometime to complete the final policy was in favor of the local constituents.
    Last edited by goofy footer; May 23, 2011 at 03:16 PM.