LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jimmy Keith Green Room??

Went to Green Room to ask about a Jimmy Keith Custom. They said they are only doing customs from the west coast. Anyone know how i can order one? Who is Jimmy Shaping for now?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    southend surf shop. and jimmy himself.

Jimmy K

Contact Hunter.
    He has a post on Craig's list as well with his number. jimmykeithsurfboards.com
    I think they are running a special through the 28th.

Surfboards are available exclusively through South End Surf Shop (910.256.1118) or directly through the website, http://jimmykeithsurfboards.com/Orde...urfboards.html

Green Room Board Co does continue to produce custom epoxy/EPS surfboards and paddle boards out of the newly renovated and re-tooled Wilmington factory. We have three customs orders coming out this week! We opened the California factory last fall in response to the overwhelming demand for our high quality surfboards. The Green Room label is also being sold in California, Florida, South Carolina, and Puerto Rico. We currently have 30 fresh sticks on the Wilmington production floor that will be in the shop after the Memorial Day holiday. Stop by the retail shop for details! 910-799-2772

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Room Boys View Post
    Green Room Board Co does continue to produce custom epoxy/EPS surfboards and paddle boards out of the newly renovated and re-tooled Wilmington factory. We have three customs orders coming out this week! We opened the California factory last fall in response to the overwhelming demand for our high quality surfboards. The Green Room label is also being sold in California, Florida, South Carolina, and Puerto Rico. We currently have 30 fresh sticks on the Wilmington production floor that will be in the shop after the Memorial Day holiday. Stop by the retail shop for details! 910-799-2772
    so there's JK and then there's "not exactly"

The shaper from Greenroom isnt Jimmy himself anymore. Im not sure how the difference in local knowledge has changed the quality and awesomeness though. Personally I think Jimmy would be the best way to go considering he lives on the east coast and knows the waves a well as anyone. A shaper from Cali wouldnt exactly know how weak our waves are, especially a 2ft shorebreak wave. I have been going to Jimmy for the past couple of years and his boards are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by XxsurferxX View Post
    The shaper from Greenroom isnt Jimmy himself anymore. Im not sure how the difference in local knowledge has changed the quality and awesomeness though. Personally I think Jimmy would be the best way to go considering he lives on the east coast and knows the waves a well as anyone. A shaper from Cali wouldnt exactly know how weak our waves are, especially a 2ft shorebreak wave. I have been going to Jimmy for the past couple of years and his boards are amazing.
    And bingo was his name.

If the previously east coast shaped boards are now being shaped in Cali, the boards are going to be made for Cali point breaks & the like. Which we don't have in the east. So forget this guy. Another scam, basically.

BTW, I sent an email to the website (before I knew all this info from this board, so thanks fellas) asking for recs on what custom board to get. It's been 6 days: no response.

Another one about tho bite the dust.

Ah, never tried emailing them. Just call them. Makes everything a lot quicker and you get your questions answered right then.

Another Conspiracy Theory?

The "Cali shaper" whose name is Jason Hendricks; is originally from Florida. The east coast is where he grew up surfing and started his shaping career. As for a scam; that info has never been concealed. If you are going to order a custom board from us; then that is what you are going to get. Just as always, you specify the design, dems, amount of rocker, rails, glassing schedule, fin set, ect. You should be able to know if your design is going to work for you in the conditions you ride it in. We do have some customers come in to order customs with out a good working knowledge of how all these aspects work together to produce the final product. In those cases; our staff usually spends 45 minutes to an hour explaining how it all goes together to produce the desired results. The same goes for an "off the rack" sale. We don't just resale surf boards; we make em at our own factories, and we know surf design intimately. We provide our clients with a valuable education in surf design which ultimately lends to informed and satisfied consumers who keep coming back. Call the shop for a no obligation trial; 910-799-2772
    Last edited by Green Room Boys; May 29, 2011 at 02:47 PM.