LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Out

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    ive learned with duck dives is you gotta have alot of momentum. also being a little heavy helps. as when i first started surfing on shortboards and having to duckdive i couldnt get as deep since i weighed so little. but as i got older and started lifting and building muscle im able to duckdive pretty deep. also pushup help to from what ive figured out.

Images
    I paddle threw it when I am on the log usally but if I get caught inside and nobody is around I turtle roll

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post
    Yeah my duck diving sucks. So on big days I suffer.
    if you cant even duckdive you probably shouldnt go out when its big

I've found that when duckdiving, you need to do it within 1-5 feet of the whitewash/lip. anything futher than that and you get Momma Ocean crackin' your nogan

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Im usually like a tweaking crack head by the time I get to the water. I dive over the shore break and scrap until im there.
    ditto.....I do get super frustrated on days when I really give it everything and still can't get past the break zone. At that point I'm not even having fun, but it's like I gotta prove to myself that I can get out there.....Choppy days suck when you have one ride in, and a 20-25 minute paddle out just to get to the lineup again.

Quote Originally Posted by absurfer View Post
    if you cant even duckdive you probably shouldnt go out when its big
    I just check if there is anybody behind me and I ditch. No biggie I don't care if looks stupid or if it's "kookish"

I just check if there is anybody behind me and I ditch. No biggie I don't care if looks stupid or if it's "kookish"
    yeah great. except its not about how you "look" in that anyone who sees you do that will think of you as a complete donkey (which they will) and won't give you a fist pound and bro-down with you in the parking lot -- its about developing bad habits and relying on shortcuts that will lead you into trouble someday. Not to mention using your equipment wrongly. You may not care how that it looks stupid, but you will care b/c anyone who sees you do that will completely disregard you in any real lineup. Also when your leash gets over-stressed and eventually snaps, you with your weak swimming ability will be out there in the lineup on a big day, completely panicked and of course someone will save your ass, will you feel "kookish" then?

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    yeah great. except its not about how you "look" in that anyone who sees you do that will think of you as a complete donkey (which they will) and won't give you a fist pound and bro-down with you in the parking lot -- its about developing bad habits and relying on shortcuts that will lead you into trouble someday. Not to mention using your equipment wrongly. You may not care how that it looks stupid, but you will care b/c anyone who sees you do that will completely disregard you in any real lineup. Also when your leash gets over-stressed and eventually snaps, you with your weak swimming ability will be out there in the lineup on a big day, completely panicked and of course someone will save your ass, will you feel "kookish" then?
    I swam for 4 years, I'll be ok without a board. "Bro-down" with me parking lot? Because I ditched my board? Stop being a beta phaggot
    Last edited by henryk; May 20, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

I swam for 4 years, I'll be ok without a board. "Bro-down" with me parking lot? Because I ditched my board? Stop being a beta phaggot
    U mad? Yeah u mad.

Quote Originally Posted by sbx View Post
    U mad? Yeah u mad.
    Over some dude that dude that told me people will bro down because I ditch my board? Nah nah nah nah nah nah
    Last edited by henryk; May 20, 2011 at 09:20 PM.