LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sketchiest situation you've been in?

Mine came least year in Bradly.Pretty decent size day.Current was really strong.I had my long board out.I kept on getting closer and closer to one of those huge runoff pipes with the current pulling me.The pipe goes out almost as far as the jetty.It was like low tide so the front of the pipe was exposed.Between the current and the swells it just kept pushing back and pulling me closer to the pipe.I couldn't gain any ground so I abandoned my board.Next thing I know,Im right in front of the opening of the pipe probably a foot away.One wave from being pushed into the opening of the thing.Thank God I drifted around the other side.Now my board was on the other side of the pipe.My leash got tangled around the bottom of the pipe.A set of swells came in and started to pull me under.Im not even positive of how I got out,it happened so fast but I believe I took my leash off and pulled my board with my hands.I paddled to the beach ,took a 20 miute break and went back out for a new appreciaton for pipes and jettys.

my friends and i surfed at dusk during a lighting storm in costa rica, im not gona go into details but it was pretty damn sketchy. in the same week we also surfed withes rock after seeing heavy crocs in the line up, but that was more dumb than sketchy...

Almost got sucked into a "hole" at the end of a jetty, wave passed by and I felt this uncomfortable backward pull, paddled as hard as I could got away, looked over my shoulder and realized I would have be toast if I got pulled in.

Second, not really sketchy just ****ty, over the falls, under my longboard, under the wave, fins into shin, = 50 stitches, 18 outside, 30 something inside, now infected, most likely will spend the day in the hospital tomorrow. Sucks a$$ I'll be out for awhile!
    IMG_0451.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0449.jpg

yeeeesh thats gnarly

Quote Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
    mine came least year in bradly.pretty decent size day.current was really strong.i had my long board out.i kept on getting closer and closer to one of those huge runoff pipes with the current pulling me.the pipe goes out almost as far as the jetty.it was like low tide so the front of the pipe was exposed.between the current and the swells it just kept pushing back and pulling me closer to the pipe.i couldn't gain any ground so i abandoned my board.next thing i know,im right in front of the opening of the pipe probably a foot away.one wave from being pushed into the opening of the thing.thank god i drifted around the other side.now my board was on the other side of the pipe.my leash got tangled around the bottom of the pipe.a set of swells came in and started to pull me under.im not even positive of how i got out,it happened so fast but i believe i took my leash off and pulled my board with my hands.i paddled to the beach ,took a 20 miute break and went back out for a new appreciaton for pipes and jettys.
    ahhh ha ha ha ........... Pipe
    19142.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    19142.jpg
    pure genius

WoW that's nassty wound hope all goes well @ the hospital tomorrow

is this real life?

man good luck with that wound, looks pretty intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    19142.jpg
    lol, you got that off