LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got the time??

got the time??

i'm envious of all those that can surf till they get their fill or too cold/tired. never surf without my g-shock...always surprised by those in the line up that ask me for the time. don't understand how you will rely on me to tell you when your session is up, i always add +20 mins to actual time...

It's Hammer time!

Guilty as charged...

Unfortunatley the other day I wish I had known the time. Or else I would have avoided a parking ticket. Definitely misjudged my two hour session by ten minutes. Screw Vb parking meters.

Quote Originally Posted by rtftfwd View Post
    i'm envious of all those that can surf till they get their fill or too cold/tired. never surf without my g-shock...always surprised by those in the line up that ask me for the time. don't understand how you will rely on me to tell you when your session is up, i always add +20 mins to actual time...
    This is a great topic! Prework dp sessions for me require a watch. If a friend/fellow local ask me, I give them the real time. If its some barney/non-local, a minimum of 30min buffer added to the time. If someone asks me WHILE I am paddling, you a get a stare and no response! haha

Quote Originally Posted by matt757surf View Post
    Unfortunatley the other day I wish I had known the time. Or else I would have avoided a parking ticket. Definitely misjudged my two hour session by ten minutes. Screw Vb parking meters.
    Fu***** have to pave the roads somehow. There's a clock on the Tropicana I think that is visible from 15th and down from the lineup. Usually hit somewhere in there if I'm surfing on a schedule.

I'm so hard core I can tell the time from the angle of the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    I'm so hard core I can tell the time from the angle of the sun.
    Hell yeah, i can def. give a general time. But i sure do wish i had that little bit of Sacajawea where i could give more of an exact time by Native American sun reading ways

i usually wait till i see a hottie walking the beach then take a wave all the way in and ask her. i know - it's pathetic. talk to me after you've been married for ten years...

Surfed without a watch for a long time, but now that I wear one, I could never go back! I just love being able to stay out til the last possible minute for one more wave, rather than having to get out early, "just in case" you are late.