LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Noble platform Gary but I doubt it will fly in most beach towns. the business owners (except for shops) would never support expanded surf beaches. the key (IMHO) is dramatically scaling back the power of the guarding regime. Lets face it, we would have so much more flexibility in the summer if one person (the guard supervisor) didn't have so much power over allowing surfing. How many times have we all been out on a crappy rainy day, with no-one on the beach only to be called out at 10:00 simply because the guard supervisor was being a d*ck. I would love to see this power taken out of one persons hands and put into a group where surfers (and probably fishermen) are represented and have a vote. Same goes for closing beaches for tropical swells.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    my dad buys 4 season passes for the beach at a reduced price. anytime i bring my friends i use these and if there are more than 4 people, i get 3 of them in, and grab their badges and bring the rest in. no problems here as i get easily double my moneys worth every summer (+whatever we save by sneakin my buddies in)

in some towns they restrict areas for swimming, and let you surf anywhere you want except the swimming area obviously. this makes it much easier on the guards too

Images
    Bareback??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Busey View Post
    Let's talk about getting past the badge checker and getting on the beach for free.

What is everyone's best method? Under the boardwalk? Jump the rail when no renta cops are in sight? Just walk on with your board while looking at the ground? Look right at the teenage girl say hey and walk on? Run into the water when you see the renta cop coming? Get there right before the checkers come on?

What do you say if she asks you for your badge? It's in the car, can't wear it while surfing i'll lose it? It's at home? I don't have one and don't need it? Make a fake one using a color copier, packing tape and last years pin? My dog ate it?
    Try this:

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin badges...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

But seriously - are the badges for beach access or for parking? You need a badge to walk on to the beach? That's just wrong. Beach access should be free. Parking is another story...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Bareback??
    No that image and that report are trash and from summer of 09.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    Try this:

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin badges...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

But seriously - are the badges for beach access or for parking? You need a badge to walk on to the beach? That's just wrong. Beach access should be free. Parking is another story...
    That's the thing. In NJ you can easily find free parking. But you pay for access to the beach (badge). When I was in NC, it was the other way around. Free beach but had to pay to park. You ended spending more on parking between the hourly rate and tickets throughout the summer but I want both free!

i like wearing headphones clearly not plugged into anything and when they ask for a tag reply with "can't hear you sorry"

looks like i'll be getting up a 5 on saturday so i can surf before the lifeguards get out. anybody think assateague is gonna be good?

anyone w/ even half a brain can figure out a way around this crap. same threads come up every year w/ the same responses.