LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunking it?

Trunking it?

any body trunking it yet? think i might try it and see how long i can last...

you know.. around june 3rd or whatever.. I usually trunk it if im just going for a dip.. last a bit. I dont know about hours yet!

Images
    trunking it in 58 degree water is crazy talk man. Just wear a suit. Its only a novelty to wear trunks in those temps. Just for show. Just wrap up and be comfortable. I would give it a solid 8-10 degrees more before even considering it, unless like he said you are just swimming around for 3-5 minutes...

yeah last night after hours of macking surf in sandbridge I took my suit off and body surfed for a few right before dusk. Getting in the water was a total shocker but surprisingly it wasnt bad after a few minutes. Not sure I would want to surf like that... but its coming soon! Surfline put the h20 temp in sandbridge yesterday at 64. I still saw guys out with boots and gloves on.... f*cking larry's!

I'm thinking my 2/2 short sleevee full is a good call if the suns out. I cant believe sandbridge was 64* its definitly not 64* feeling at the pier. Maybe it is but i would think its still just below or rgith at 60*. IM sure the man parts would get pretty cold after a few waves in trunks though. And this sucks by the way being here at my desk and watching waves rool in at first street!

Images
    why would anyone even consider wearing just trucks already!!?

if you are wearing trunks rights now anywhere in north carolina or north you seriously have no balls! i find that i shed the rubber before most other people too. i can easily trunk it at 65/66 if the air temperature is at least that, and it's sunny out. most people aren't even out of their 4/3's yet. i see this out in the lineups and have observed it from on here. i'm in 3/2 already, and feeling good. still was in gloves last time though i thought about taking them off. if the sun is out next session i'm sure i can go no gloves, but i usually keep the boots till 60/62. my feet start to get cramps, and the muscles in my toes are popping around. it's really uncomfortable. sometimes i feel i can shed everything, but my boots, and be able to trunk it in boots.

i can usually trunk it in south jersey by memorial day weekend. i was out of town last memorial day weekend, but i did trunk it the next week. sometimes i can't trunk it in monmouth county until late june. last year i trunked in early june, but the year before when we had that cool spring i didn't shed everything until around june 20th or so.

I saw 3 dudes out in trunks yesterday in vb
    **** dat

Images
    I know a dude that trunks it at 58. I thought he was crazy but apparently he does this every year. I just don't understand how he can do this.

3/2 no gloves, 3 mil boots in SJ yesterday...could have shed the boots as well. Monmouth this morning was a bit chillier...

To be honest, I typically wear a flat stitch 2/2 most of the summer...usually bust out the trunks for afternoon/evening stuff in july/august...if that...wish could trunk it more regularly...