LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

waves go bye bye

The surf timeline looks an awful like summer. Hopefully it is a short lived pattern...

not even a loggable bump in the next week huh?

Images
    Looking LAME-O through Tuesday...

Images
    grovelled for two hours today in freezing cols water trying to soak up the last of this swell...

Cant really complain though...wasnt this basically a unusually far north Bermuda High/trade wind swell that lasted for a solid 5-6 days? I mean it filled in last Friday if i recall, and there were still small long period lines this afternoon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    grovelled for two hours today in freezing cols water trying to soak up the last of this swell...

Cant really complain though...wasnt this basically a unusually far north Bermuda High/trade wind swell that lasted for a solid 5-6 days? I mean it filled in last Friday if i recall, and there were still small long period lines this afternoon.
    Yes, very unusual, but I definitely wouldnt call it a Bermuda high swell.
    The high pressure was in the far north Atlantic (not common), with a small area of low pressure to the south generating the pressure gradient. Generally it is the opposite (Icelandic Low and High in he Central waters).

In a Bermuda High scenario, you have the High Pressure much further to the south around Bermuda (go figure), which generates East-Southeast fetch south of the high (north of Puerto Rico).

It was a nice little run for sure... If only this was common place.

no need to worry, we're gonna get ours this year...I can feel it! Hurricanes gonna start up early this year.