LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about wetsuit

Hey i was just wondering if anybody is having the same problem as me, and if you do what your doing about it. Whenever im surfing in a wetsuit the back of my neck always hurts its like im getting a rash from the suit. And i dont think its the suit because my spring, summer and winter suit do it. Any experience with this or solutions to it ? Thanks for the help guys.

Images
    a couple different solutions.

wear a rashguard underneath your wetsuit, and this will prevent you from getting rashed by your neck.

you can also buy a product called "belly jelly" that is a lubricant that you put on where you normally get rashed - or vaseline works too.

Images

Neck Rash

I have one suit that does this. It's the one and only entry level suit that I own, a 3:2, that I figured would work ok in the early fall and late spring. I now figure it was a mistake to buy it. For a few dollars more it is worth getting something more comfortable, especially if you surf on a daily basis.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    a couple different solutions.

...or vaseline works too.
    I was under the impression that petroleum products, like vaseline, break down neoprene. I was told that a loooong time ago, so I can't vouch for the veracity of it.

Don't use vaseline. Petroleum disolves neoprene and can degrade your wetsuit over time. I use Body Glide. It comes in a stick similar to deoderant. It is used by runners, cyclists, and tri-athletes. Runners and cyclists use it to prevent chaffing during long races and workouts. Tri-athletes use it to make it easier and faster to get their wetsuit off during the transition from their swim leg of the race. It's 100% safe for wetsuits. It's a little expensive, but lasts for a 3 hour surf session. Totally worth it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I was under the impression that petroleum products, like vaseline, break down neoprene. I was told that a loooong time ago, so I can't vouch for the veracity of it.
    good to know. I've never actually used vaseline... So, stick with the products made specifically for wet suits.

thanks for all the quick responses...ill definitely try the rash guard and bodyglide idea. Hopefully this will solve it cause it becomes really annoying during a 3hr surf session.

Definatley use KY!

I recomend using KY. Smear it all over your body then do some belly skimming. Be carefull if you surf in Rehoboth, you might get it good in your barrell!

lol thats priceless

Images
    hahahahahha