LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    i'm talking about driving too! I know its vacation, and I know its a hemi, but you probably don't have to burn out at every stop light.

Pura-vida **** heads!
    ....And in case you still forget...VB is ON TOP of this sh!t. I love the no "&#%*!" signs, and the (no cruising law) ones that tell you its illegal to drive past this sign more than four times or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Man, this is the 15,000th post about locals and non locals....we already know. I am sick of hearing people wine about this gay ****. It's going to be like this forever until the ocean dries up, so get used to it.
    The people who should be reading this info are not reading this info.

Meaning, most guys on this site 'get it' as far as how behave in public as well as in the lineup. Mama raised ya right. Or, you just figured it out over the course of time (and maybe a few thrashings).

Lived in OC waaaaay back when. Same thing, different yahoos. Usually from WVA or PA or anywhere in Maryland. It's the beach-turista-vacation mentality: these folks are gonna have a party & screw you if your existence is in their way. Could be in the water, could be on the beach or in their rides, they just act out.

The yahoos could be from anywhere, destination your locale, anyplace worldwide. When I lived in Cabarete in the DR, the decent swells and / or national holidays would bring in the light-skinned, rich yahoo boys from Santo Domingo (4 hours to the south) in their luxe rides with their expensive boards. They'd pull up to the break in their Land Cruisers & pile out x5 dudes & head right into the water. The locals could really rip. The verbal altercations rarely got physical, but it could get tense in the water. The locals were almost all darker-skinned, btw, which led to further tensions. That's 'cause in the DR a person's skin color does have huge class implications in their culture.

Point being: nothing's changed. Never has. Never will. But if it makes you feel better to grouse about it to those of us who know it all too well, well, grouse on bruddah. We'll buy you a cold one & listen.

Mitchell,

I think that guy is stalking me with his pepsi bottle of whiskey, lol.

Every week, drunk turistas would try to sprint across the Coastal Highway in OC MD. Pepsi bottle of whiskey in hand...more than a few became hood ornaments. Lotta near-hits, too. Always good for amusement to watch the crazed drivers, probably just as drunk, trying to deal with the sunburned, hammered yahoos.

So we always called the Coastal Hwy The 6 Lanes of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    So we always called the Coastal Hwy The 6 Lanes of Death.

subtle. i like it.

it should be a rite of passage for all who wish to claim status as "local" in oc, md.

Whenever some bloated slob from Metuchen or Nutley or ____ stresses me out, I just mentally fast forward to Sunday afternoon.
    Me: backyard, cracking a cold one, or enjoying the evening glass-off or watching my steak sizzle, or opening my 40th raw clam....capping off another great summer weekend in Monmouth Beach...while
    THEM: inching northward for 4+ hrs on the GSP, exhausted, sweaty, having to piss desperately, dreading Monday morning, arguing with the butterface girlfriend....yep, thats about it.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i hate those freaking kooks coming down i-40 to come to the beach with surfboards strapped to the roof thinking their the hot stuff on the beach and trying to spit their game with their 1000$ boards sitting on the beach while im out in the water doing the surfing on my nice local boards doing what the local has to do and thats to just show up and make sure none of the kooks try and take over.

I feel bad for the ocmd locals. that place is a FiUCKING zoo

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    ... arguing with the butterface girlfriend....yep, thats about it.
    HE's got 99 problems but... wait a minute

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i hate those freaking kooks coming down i-40 to come to the beach with surfboards strapped to the roof thinking their the hot stuff on the beach and trying to spit their game with their 1000$ boards sitting on the beach while im out in the water doing the surfing on my nice local boards doing what the local has to do and thats to just show up and make sure none of the kooks try and take over.
    this X2

and i know that merricks are supposed to be the ish, and the pinnacle of boardmaking, but any time I see a guy with a shiny new al merrick in the lineup he is on my sh*tlist because I know he just went out to the shop and was like "I want the BEST board. Money isn't an object" and the dude at the shop sold this sucker on a board he will never even ride, but will hang it up in his college dorm to show the babes how "core" he really is