LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Guilty Conscience

I intend this to be a joke, though I'm certain that some hilarious arguments will ensue...

Has this ever happened to you?: So I was driving on Rt. 50 on Friday and ended up behind a car with a "SUP" window sticker. I quickly felt pangs or rage shooting up my spine. My jaw began to tighten, and I clenched my teeth. I was on a mission to cut off this person! "You and your stupid canoe can suck it!" I thought as I floored the gas pedal. As I pulled next to this car and saw some benign looking old lady at the wheel...the anger faded and I just kept driving.
    I sat there wondering for at least an hour why I got so furious at a window sticker. Maybe the thought that this Gidget-breeding monstrosity is overtaking lineup's everywhere, or maybe the fear that some oar-wielding kook will one day give me a concussion. Maybe I just resent the fact that a punch of 'posers' keep invading my world and making me feel less cool. Maybe it's the fact that my girlfriend's mom told me she is determined to try it; she is from West Virginia. Maybe I should be committed?

Images
    Freud would say your rage indicates that you are jealous of their life style and easy dominance of the waves. Jung would say you are jealous and intimidated by their humongous sticks making yours seem small and inadequate. Bruddah IZ would say you are definitely not living aloha.

peace brother

Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    Freud would say your rage indicates that you are jealous of their life style and easy dominance of the waves. Jung would say you are jealous and intimidated by their humongous sticks making yours seem small and inadequate. Bruddah IZ would say you are definitely not living aloha.

peace brother
    ahhhh ***** envy! I didn't even think of it before hahahahaha. nice, and probably the same reason I hate people driving Hummer's as I cruise around in my Honda Fit waiting for one of them to kill me.

Images

when i asked for a hummer, she gave me some keys...

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    ahhhh ***** envy! I didn't even think of it before hahahahaha. nice, and probably the same reason I hate people driving Hummer's as I cruise around in my Honda Fit waiting for one of them to kill me.
    hahha..nah, man ..that just means you got STYLE....and when gas hits $5/gal, you'll be a freakin GENIUS!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    freud would say your rage indicates that you are jealous of their life style and easy dominance of the waves. Jung would say you are jealous and intimidated by their humongous sticks making yours seem small and inadequate. Bruddah iz would say you are definitely not living aloha.

Peace brother
    like ........

She could just be one of those river SUPers. I see them on the Navesink all the time...

...or it could be her son's car who is a huge douche, sits outside in the lineup and grabs every wave from you

it helps to keep things in perspective. I'd much rather deal with grannies on SUPs than laxerbros with Hollister and puka shell necklaces.

Very well said spongedude......good stuff.
    Live aloha......that happens to me all the time. I think it's our environment. The combo of territory/population along with living/survivng. It's ironic that I don't get the rage in Hawaii. (Partly for fear of getting my ass kicked, but that can happen anywhere I guess.)
    For example, rolling through "nalo". Always heavy traffic. I love stopping the traffic to let pedestrians cross(even out of the crosswalk), or to let the drivers in. Usually you get a bunch of shaka's......karma seems to set in and the positive vibe returns in the lineup.
    Back here, NOT.........I still try to keep positive, but it's waaaay more challenging.

You still shoulda cut the old biotch off and had a beer to celebrate. What were you thinking - no time to go soft - were at war here soldier !!!

hm, driving on rt.50 on a friday to the beach......