LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty34 View Post
    hm, driving on rt.50 on a friday to the beach......
    your point???

I was driving from Annapolis to Baltimore by the way, nowhere near any beach (unless you count Sandy Point).

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    your point???

I was driving from Annapolis to Baltimore by the way, nowhere near any beach (unless you count Sandy Point).
    Please stay in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    Please stay in Baltimore
    Uhhhh please eat sh!t...

ahhhh ***** envy! I didn't even think of it before hahahahaha. nice, and probably the same reason I hate people driving Hummer's as I cruise around in my Honda Fit waiting for one of them to kill me.
    F'in hilarious!

Images
    your point???

Nowhere near any beach^^^ So why do you care? Your obiviously not surfing and don't live at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by n2waves View Post
    Nowhere near any beach^^^ So why do you care? Your obiviously not surfing and don't live at the beach.
    Some of us aren't so blessed as to live next to the ocean our whole lives. I've lived on both coasts of the USA and in Hawaii and spent over two years living at sea, so your "I'm so friggen more hardcore than you" argument doesn't fly exactly. I will admit that the comment from the previous OC local irked me. The reason for this? I spent years surfing in many places all over the globe without ever having a "local break" to attach to my name. Now I teach and do research in Annapolis. Despite those hundreds of sessions spent at the mercy of local crews, nowhere have I encountered such xenophobic attitudes as right here at home. You guys literally have no idea how fortunate you are to have good waves with so few people. Surfing's about sharing waves and experiences and stories between both friends and strangers. If you haven't experienced this side of riding waves, I truly feel sorry for you. When you travel abroad, do local surfers scowl at you and tell you to leave? I have traveled more than 99% of the people on this site, and this has NEVER happened to me. Yet the Entitlement Generation on this site tries to stab me with Ugly Americanism a mere 2 hours from my home. It's very very sad.

"You guys literally have no idea how fortunate you are to have good waves with so few people. Surfing's about sharing waves and experiences and stories between both friends and strangers."

What's the difference between their attitudes and your initial attitude towards someone with an SUP sticker on their car? Are you entitled to waves that the SUPer might be catching?
    I'm only trying to play devils advocate.
    I think any of this, "stay home" attitude is crap. Everyone is entitled to have fun. If they're being an A-hole or doing something wrong, let them know that they are.

xenophobic attitudes as right here at home.
    I even had to look that up "unreasonable fear or hatred of strangers or foreigeners" ........... kudos Bro

Surfing's about sharing waves and experiences and stories between both friends and strangers..
    Good Philosophy.....Those memories will retain for a life time and the other stuff not so much ...............

Images
    I think you are missing the point, your the one hating on someone that has a SUP sticker on their car. Saying you want to cut them off on the road, that is a pretty bold statement. I could see your agrument being valid if you acutally were at the beach, surfing, or where even on your way to the beach to grab a surf. No need to throw out being "hardcore" or "you have traveled here and there." If that is true you would know that 99% of the time local surfers anywhere you go don't like you unless you know them.

I intend this to be a joke, though I'm certain that some hilarious arguments will ensue...
    well, ya got that right...