LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRV Nugget Info

WRV Nugget Info

Hi all. new to this forum and looking at getting a WRV nugget. I know it handles well in small to med surf. But trying to see if anyone's took it out in bigger surf and had good results. Any help would be much appreciated.

what do you define as big surf. if your talking 12ft -15ft sunset then I wouldnt count on it . But if you mean 4-5 ft east coast surf then I think your gonna be okay

Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Man View Post
    Hi all. new to this forum and looking at getting a WRV nugget. I know it handles well in small to med surf. But trying to see if anyone's took it out in bigger surf and had good results. Any help would be much appreciated.
    heard theyre ok in decent surf unless its burly but by then youd be on a step up id assume. i have a chronic thars real good in knee to head hi plus

I've used one a few times and I thought it was a lot of fun. Pretty similar to the CI biscuit (which I owned), except the nugget is slightly more versatile in my opinion.

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I mainly surf VA beach and OBX so by bigger surf Im talking around 6" for this board. I think the nugget would be a good choice but Im going to continue to look around. Thanks again.

Images
    as with most of these newer "high performance" small wave boards, the nugget is a bit thicker and wider. this will help get you into larger waves more quickly, but isn't necessarily ideal for high speed surfing on huge faces. the rounded pin tail is very versatile, as it maintains good control which will be helpful in large surf, while at the same time allowing more maneuverability. 6 feet+ might be pushing it for this board, but i think you would be okay in most east coast conditions.

Images
    The nugget looks pretty sick, I've been checking them out too. It's a similar shape to the CI Biscuit but it's not quite as wide or as thick as the Biscuit so I think it would be a little more performance oriented and probably go pretty good in bigger surf. It would be a good all around East Coast board I would think.

I really like the look of their new board the Drone, kind of like the Dumpster Diver/Sub Scorcher but seems to be more foam smushed down into a shortboard outline. If I were to pick up a new board off the racks from them it would be one of these two models for sure.

just get one. its real a fun board. I usually ride a 6'0 and got a 5'7 nugget. yea i usually ride it in knee to chest high junk but ive taken it out in overhead juice when my shortboards were being fixed and it still surfed real well. its sick that you have the 5 fin option as well. im kinda bummed that the stringer is starting to pop out of mine after 10 months

oh and i traded boards with my friend for a few waves. Hes half a foot and 25 pounds lighter than me and he too was throwing around that board like there was nothing on his feet. So really there isnt the problem of getting one thats too big... just depends on how much you wanna be able to rip on it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    just get one. its real a fun board. I usually ride a 6'0 and got a 5'7 nugget. yea i usually ride it in knee to chest high junk but ive taken it out in overhead juice when my shortboards were being fixed and it still surfed real well. its sick that you have the 5 fin option as well. im kinda bummed that the stringer is starting to pop out of mine after 10 months
    i had a stringer pop on a WRV like after the second day... why is that?