LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    i was the guy who tried everything first and wound up in a world of hurt for it. im getting away from thev initial topic i suppose but all in all i hate that andys gone and sure hope people stop and think how his brother and folks must feel. dont put your family thru it.
    No worries,most topics on here change to other things anyway.My downfall was drinking.Kind of learned my lesson when I had no control over my body and almost choked on my own vomit.Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    No worries,most topics on here change to other things anyway.My downfall was drinking.Kind of learned my lesson when I had no control over my body and almost choked on my own vomit.Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth so to speak.
    stay thirsty, indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    i was the guy who tried everything first and wound up in a world of hurt for it.
    Bob Sagit wants to know if you have ever sucked d1ck for coke?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I wouldnt go that far for a soda

guys, weed or whatever is a symptom not a cause. people with underlying issues are going to find a way to treat themselves whatever way they can. booze, red bull, sniffing glue, anything, so jumping up on your high horse and moralizing about weed is misplaced, imho..

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    ask yourself why you thought of that when no one else had any mention of sexual preference. deep down you probably want to.

not on a high horse bud i just know what can happen. if you think ya got the world by the balls and dont need what i have to say thats cool but dont **** on what im putting out to others cuz its a positive and helpful message that could reach someone in need of help.

It's almost impossible to figure out exactly what happened to him/what he did to himself in the days leading up to his death. I do know that it's important for all of us to realize that problems like his have happened to a lot of other people, and could easily happen to you or someone you know. I also think it's kind of weird that a lot of people are skipping over the fact that he was bipolar... Being diagnosed with a mental illness is unfortunately abused by some people (and of course meds are over prescribed), but when it's legit, it's no joke. I don't talk about it to many people but I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and it's serious sh*t. I have done things I don't believe and put myself in situations that I shouldn't have, although there are people in A LOT worse shape than me. Point being is if he really had a mental illness (even a mild one) the expectations, stress, and temptations/money etc could easily make like much more complicated and dangerous rather than better.

Images
    Interesting thread. I have a couple thoughts to add:

First, there was a whole article written after his death, that explained that Andy left Puerto Rico in a somewhat decent conditions, and met up with soem surfers in Miami... He was seen out all night with friends (speculation by bartenders and his mates was that blow was involved that night). The following day is when he was in Dallas... So, lets not forget that all of Andy's "Boys" said that they "partied" with Andy in Miami all night 24 hours before his death... I am not trying to proclaim anything. Just do the math....

Until his death, a lot of us never knew what his behavior was. The Bi-polar disorder. The meth. The drugs.

My opinion: Its not the sponsors job to regulate what the surfers do. The ASP and its governing body do not test atheletes for these things, so why would their sponsors... Andy and his cerw were doing meth and blow long before Billabong was ever in the picture. That is what all his camp says... So it is what it is...

And not to harp on anyone who has been through it, but this whole "weed gateway drug" stuff is dated back to the days od "D.A.R.E" in the 80s.... If you started with smoking weed, and ended up doing blow and other stuff, that has ZERO to do with the weed. There is no other drug on earth that has the same effects. Yes there are other downers and uppers, but they DO NOT have similar effects what so ever... So if you are one of the guys that took things to the next level, that is because weed was not what you were looking for. You wanted to "PARTY". And we all know what "PARTY" means. Psycadelics. Uppers. Speed. Blow... All the terrible stuff.... So going through some "GATEWAY" from a natural downer into that world is a PERSONAL choice. It has everything to do with your body. Your body wants to be sped up and you want to get chemically imbalanced, then thats on you... But claiming that teenagers smoking joints leads to "bigger better things" is just plain wrong. And I know this for a fact from living in an area that has decriminalzied pot. Teenagers out here doing pot do just that. Pot. They want to sit on the beach, play guitars and goof off with their friends.... There is an entirely different crowd that is looking to go out to the clubs, and meet the women and live the fast life... So that is what that is... Andy was one of those guys.... He wanted the rush. He wanted the imbalanced feeling that these chems gave him.... Pot was not what Andy's body wanted.... Period. He was the other type of guy...

But these classifications of gateways and stuff is just bogus to me.... I know too many people who are living proof that it is not the case.... Just cause you have issues and jumped off the deep end into the underworld of drugs doesn't mean you can cop out and blame the grass....

I mean, since when is pot not enough... I dont get what people are out there looking for.... whats the deal? For thousands of years humans have been using THC and Booze... and everything has been fine.... In modern days, people wanted more, and now look at you... its like, damn, getting your buzz on off some beers and jack just insnt good enough anymore? Whats the world coming to....

Images

Cool from the intoxicated equine....

zach, zach, zach...what's with all the logic and sound thinking? what..you think actually knowing some historical context and basic pharmacology really means anything? no one is going to believe that it is common especially for undiagnosed sufferers of imbalances to live a life of self-medication in an often vain and often dangerous attempt to feel "normal." it's foolish to consider the reality that the vast majority of marijuana smokers (and beer drinkers, oddly enough) live normal, stable productive lives. where's your sense of paranoid doom? c'mon.. it's so much easier to blame our personal failings, addictions and tendencies on something else....and then if we can finally kick the habit (ahh the jones is ALWAYS there, though) we can pontificate and lecture from atop our towering steeds. alas, where is the fun if we realize our own experience is more about our individual nature, rather than broad stereotype....you're killin' the (anti)buzz, man!!!

peace out http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.png
    Last edited by spongedude; Jun 11, 2011 at 04:43 AM.