LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    How was the swell when I was born?
    Tubular bro! The first barrel is the best. Everything after is just an attempt to recreate the miracle of birth. Getting spit out of a frothy tube is primordial. Oh, by the way, the Halloween swell of 1897 was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by iripharderthanyou View Post
    if you wanna know where jax pier is and how good the surfing really is here go to youtube and type in codycody and watch the videos of all the locals they are filthy-Jacksonville has some of the best surfers on the east coast period! just the caliber of surfing here is incredible and im not just saying it because ive grown up here ---ive been to P.R. the west coast and all up and down the east coast many of times-i surf jax pier everyday that there are waves and yea i see the regulars that kill it out there every time-but it also seems like everyday i go out i see a new shredder thats from here that has a bunch of sponsors and just throws-jacksonville is blowing up.
    LOL. We need a surf comp between you and the NJShredMachine. You both rip harder than anyone and surf barrels in the dead of summer, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Tubular bro! The first barrel is the best. Everything after is just an attempt to recreate the miracle of birth. Getting spit out of a frothy tube is primordial. Oh, by the way, the Halloween swell of 1897 was epic.
    Love the word primordial. Jack London writes of the primordial beast within all of us in Call of the Wild.

Frothy is a pretty damn good word also.

Damn, this thread was started when I still lived in Chicago. No surfing, just flat lakes. Blast from the past...

If Derek zoolander was here, he'd say are these tubes for ants?! Mutant surfing ants. Hmm, I might be on to something here. Their strength is amazing. Imagine how hard they could hack n bust airs. Kelly slater and mick fanning, eat your hearts out

They'd win a bench off in relative terms as well

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    If Derek zoolander was here, he'd say are these tubes for ants?! Mutant surfing ants. Hmm, I might be on to something here. Their strength is amazing. Imagine how hard they could hack n bust airs. Kelly slater and mick fanning, eat your hearts out

They'd win a bench off in relative terms as well
    This tube needs to be at least 3 times this size!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Damn, this thread was started when I still lived in Chicago. No surfing, just flat lakes. Blast from the past...
    You ever get pinched for charging the Great Lakes like the guy in Chi last December?

I don't remember it being that good. I mean it was fun, kinda like boinking a fat chick, but I didn't notice any barrels at either locale. The "Jax Pier" is in the background on my picture if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    You ever get pinched for charging the Great Lakes like the guy in Chi last December?
    I tried to avoid the water there. Damn EColi outbreaks.

Images
    oh but there are waves on the lakes