LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Ol Yeller

Ol Yeller

Flatness brings on the "bored" repair...

Anyone know a good trick to "tint" the repair so I don't have bright white spots where the winter dings are? I have to fix 3 boards that are a lot yellower than I thought.

I just want them to blend in better and I do not have a shelf full of "real" shaper's tints.

Images
    throw some dirt in your mix, fix it as is your riding it not entering it in a beauty contest.
    Last edited by billyharry; Jun 11, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

testors model paint...cheap, big selection, and readily available at your local Michael's...match away.

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    testors model paint...cheap, big selection, and readily available at your local Michael's...match away.
    Cool thanks, I wasn't sure that would work, I'll give it a go.

Images
    no problem anytime i can help i do

One old trick is to take a single grain of instant coffee and mix it into your resin. If you want it darker, or if you have a large volume of resin, add another.

Awesome! I'll try that as well.

I have a few old boards to fix, one from a friend's little grom, has 5 dings on the rails, 4 on the bottom deck, and 1/2 of the tail cracked up. All taking water. I let it dry out over the winter.

Kid loves that little 5'6" CI, almost like a small egg. Perfect for the 65lb kid. He's getting pretty good too!

Thanks!