LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's very stable, but that comes with the width. I've had a long fish and a McCoy Nugget with approximately the same width. While all three ride differently, they were/are all stable.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Just ride the thing... and report back!
    I've got to make it first! That picture is just some random shot i found online.

Thanks for all of the feedback...and Ray thanks for posting the pics...i'm definately going to make one this summer.

Images
    Thats pretty sweet I been wanting a mini simons type board for the slow waves . I kinda have my mind set on this

http://www.bingsurf.com/surfboards_speedsquare

4. Hey Mike i made one a Mini Simmi for Herring Point, I made it out of an old dewey weber and its 5'x 22.5 and it is by far the fastest board i have ridden. Takes a little getting used to but once you get it dialed in its great! I have the template for it if you need to borrow one.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    hey gnar, actually mitchell (along with ray and lbc) is one of the most knowledgable and well-traveled - not to mention chill - people on here (and i don't even know him). you might want to rethink your approach...
    It was a joke made famous by the movie Beerfest. it would have been funny, but i guess know one put the two together

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgarbutt View Post
    Hey Mike i made one a Mini Simmi for Herring Point, I made it out of an old dewey weber and its 5'x 22.5 and it is by far the fastest board i have ridden. Takes a little getting used to but once you get it dialed in its great! I have the template for it if you need to borrow one.
    wazzup Matt...just picked up a piece of EPS foam today. Stringerless, 5'10" x 24" and flat as an ironing board. I'll bend in about 3" nose rocker, maybe 1/2" tail rocker and see you out there on it by the end of the summer...i'm pretty lazy.

Images
    Done making this thing....never been so obsessed with banging a board out...probably because the waves this week in Delaware have been EXACTLY the kind i want to ride on this board.
    Started shaping sunday, glassed after work this week, sanded out and its done. AND UGLY! Had a real issue with fish eyes on the epoxy hot coat. Red pigment to seal the blank and in the lam. It is shaped from a stringerless chunk of EPS foam. Most of the rocker was bent in last week. 5'8" x 22 1/2" X 2 3/8" 1/2" TR 3 1/4" NR. Cant wait to ride it tomorrow morning and put some heel dents in the TWO DAY OLD glass job!

She's a chunker! Looks like a blast, brother! What do you think was the deal with the fisheyes? Humidity bad there? Did you use Add F?

Images
    I used 1 ml. of add f per oz of hardener.
    hot coating was done in extreme heat and humidity.
    Board after lam was briefly set on racks (to grind the laps) that have had waxy board repairs done on them.

I really set myself up for this hurrying, and the fish eyes are really big....i had to hover over the hot coat as it set up, dripping resin into the fish eyes, chasing them all over the board as they appeared, sweating like a pig in the hot shed, just waiting to drip sweat right off my chin into the hot coat. Typical yard sale glass job, the board will probably ride like a champ just to prove looks count for nothing!

Great rocker profile & great choice of fin. Hard to tell, but did you put any belly in it?