LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by fupafest View Post
    What a BUTT UGLY board!!!!
    They perform like they look, too. Definately don't waste your money on these things!

They perform great if you know how to ride them. Not for someone who is used to a board requiring constant input to keep it going. These are more like riding a small longboard in the sense that it's all about trim and glide with minimal hacking , hoping and bouncing. Ride them like that and you will love it, put your foot on tail and attempt to drive from there and you will be bummed. I love the look of these boards not sure what is ugly about them.

I'm guessing you just skipped to the end if the thread, huh Zippy? My last post was sarcasm. I've got a couple of them.

As far as glide & trim, it depends on how it's set up. My first one is fast & loose. With the slightly curved outline, big concave & twinzer setup, it's way more performance than glide. It ripped on overhead waves in Ecuador! This isn't my board, but an example of the performance that can be built into these board (there's plenty more vids on youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_UxlKHD3x8

My second mini-sim is set up for weak, knee-high surf with the added weight of a winter wetsuit. Under 3" of entry rocker & zero tail rocker. No concave, straight rail outline & a touch of belly in the front. That one is about glide & trim. If the waves aren't lined up or I go above waist-high, it starts to pearl too much. I'm interested to see if that tendency goes away on a bigger wave (say..shoulder or above).

I'm hoping it all stays a secret, though, so they're butt ugly & don't work...okay?.
    Last edited by Ray F.; Jun 29, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

Oh crap, yeah they suck, sorry .