LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

new forecast page - sneak peak

We are almost ready to release the new Swellinfo forecast page design.
    Please have a look, and let us know what you think:
    http://dev.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/delaware.html

If there are any bugs, also please let us know.
    There are still some small changes to be made, but for all intensive purposes, it is ready for your viewing/use.

The big change, of course, is the left side of the page with the easy to view 7 day forecast, and wind/swell/tides details. The rest is more or less cosmetic.

Nice! Having the tides right there w/ report is a timesaving plus!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl View Post
    Nice! Having the tides right there w/ report is a timesaving plus!
    Yes, I like the tides there too!
    The first day of forecast doesn't have the tides, but it is, of course, listed above the timeline.

I think the forum needs to go

Images
    Dig it! Good work!

Nice. I dig it! Only suggestion/request..... get rid of the scroll bars on the left side where you click through the days. I hate those things and having to scroll up or down to read one sentence gets annoying.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    Nice. I dig it! Only suggestion/request..... get rid of the scroll bars on the left side where you click through the days. I hate those things and having to scroll up or down to read one sentence gets annoying.
    From test so far, it seems about 95% of the time, the scroll bar won't show... The 5% occurs when there is a long text forecast. In order to keep the design in line underneath the forecast, we needed to keep the height of the forecasts static.

Of course, the location I choose to put up for everyone to see, had a scroll bar on the first day of forecast...

Sexy sexy, I like. Although it's a minor problem, on the left panel where the weekdays are, sometimes the google ad blocks off the last sentence of the conditions summary, though clicking on another day and clicking back fixes it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Again, I think it's amazing. Great job!

Images
    Yeah the static scroll bars have to stay based on users screen resolutions and OS's.

Looks good on my blackberry too. I use opera mobile because I have the lowest fidelity blackberry (curve) with no memory etc, and it looks good. No scrolls bars. Each day link opens up the next panel smoothly....

P.S. At work, on my network, I have old flash version installed and dont have root access, so typically the main forecast model on swellinfo never loads. The top bar with the weeks info always loads, but i usually have a "Must Upgrade Flash" message for the large cetner swell model...

So, my assumption is that you A) changed something or B) my network Admin finally upgraded my Flash.. Either way im stoked!

Having that wind table right there for each day is awesome. I'm digging it.