LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I think the new screen is actually much easier for the at a glance view. It will just take a few times to get used to it - change always demands a little change in mental perception.
    Easier said than done for us old guys!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzlaff44 View Post
    Eh, I don't know Micah. I think your icons - the Green Man and the the little wave, were, pardon the pun, truly "iconic."

With a single glance I got the picture as to what was going on, or what the prediction was. Also with a single glance I could read the "Surf" and "Conditions." On the new page when I click on the day I now have THREE scroll bars, one of which I need to use to read Surf and Conditions. I appreciate that you're trying to give us more info with the tide and swell/wind direction, but sometimes less is more. It's a very busy little area you've created there.

And in my 30+ years of surfing in the mid-Atlantic, we've always referred to the surf as you've had it - ankle, knee, waist, chest, etc. The 1 ft, 2 ft, 3ft designations are meaningless to me. Is it "3-foot OCMD" or 3-foot OBX? Or 3-foot Hawaiian, which for us means DOH?

Again, all of your efforts are appreciated. Swell Info is an amazing site. Just be careful to not go "New Coke" in doing a hit job on the Green Man.
    Ah, I think I see what you are talking about it now! This is a bug.. not intended to be 3 scroll bars... 1 at max, and usually 0.

What browser are you using?
    I am seeing the problem in Chrome.

Ah, I think I see what you are talking about it now! This is a bug.. not intended to be 3 scroll bars... 1 at max, and usually 0.

What browser are you using?
    I am seeing the problem in Chrome.
    I have multiple scroll bars in both Safari and Firefox. Obviously I'm on Mac.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Retzlaff44 View Post
    I have multiple scroll bars in both Safari and Firefox. Obviously I'm on Mac.
    ok, thanks, working on this.

PS. there is a safari browser for Windows.

I think it looks killer, great job

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    looking really nice micah. itll be tough to let the green men go, but i like the direction this is going. 1 thing i noticed was the lack of tide chart on the "Today" bar. it has it for every day except that one. I dont know if this is a fluke or a mistake. keep it up

Images
    It looks sick, more like the iphone app now but with all the other info there as well. I have to be honest though, I wish you could work the little green men in there somehow that's like my favorite part of Swellinfo!

It is fairly ironic that you respond to a forum thread about how the forum needs to go?
    Didn't Johnny Utah die in a plane crash?

Images
    I'm really feelin the new page. I'm gonna miss the little green men, but they can take one for the team

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    It looks sick, more like the iphone app now but with all the other info there as well. I have to be honest though, I wish you could work the little green men in there somehow that's like my favorite part of Swellinfo!
    What if we had a group paddle out for the green man Would that make everyone feel a little better?