LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vb surprise

i got in the water last night from like 5:30-8 and it was fun as ****. I was at the north end man oh my...then i got another 3 hours in this morning in the same spot. I'm prolly gonna end up hitting the evening session tonight too haha

At 9pm last night this was from Dr D, a buddy of mine who studies the forecasts (his) like a Swell Perfessor....he especially likes the data from the buoy near Duck Pier....

" ok boys, i know nobody's gonna join me - but i gotta put it out there. its over 5 feet at 7 seconds right now at duck pier, and the wind is supposed to go soft tonight, like wrinkled drunk with too much tequila soft... you know, the old 'trying to put an oyster in a parking meter' soft. thats a solid 8 hours for it to get clean."

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    North End:
    It was on this morn. Waist high with chest sets n super clean, easy to get into. N the water at 0530 sharp, had a dozen rides n 30 min, stayed until 0625 and not ONE person n the water.
    I hit North End shortly after 10:00 am. Clean & hollow and open peaks everywhere. A few shoulder-high waves made it through. Fun!

Images
    surfed yesterday from 4-7 but got out cuz the sweeping current. checked it again at 8 and it was still waist to chest plus but cleaned up and well-formed walls. surfed from 8 to 9:30. got out there at 6 this morning and surfed until 1. one of my best sessions stoke-wise in a long time. this morning had solid waist to chest walls with an occasional shoulder cleanup set. extremely fun and consistent. i will post some pics up in the next few days. all of these sessions were at the market in SB

Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    surfed yesterday from 4-7 but got out cuz the sweeping current. checked it again at 8 and it was still waist to chest plus but cleaned up and well-formed walls. surfed from 8 to 9:30. got out there at 6 this morning and surfed until 1. one of my best sessions stoke-wise in a long time. this morning had solid waist to chest walls with an occasional shoulder cleanup set. extremely fun and consistent. i will post some pics up in the next few days. all of these sessions were at the market in SB
    what the hell. where's the love in NJ mother nature?

Lucky bastards! Didn't even have any time yesterday and today. Although I got some fairly fun surf late saturday afternoon towards evening.

June sucked so far. For this summer, the objective is to keep checking the beach and the cams and maybe you'll luck into a 1-2 hour window of decent surf. Take advantage of the 1st St cam being broken, lol.

Maybe I can catch some leftovers tomorrow. I'll be near the beach

im glad that

1. you guys also scored

2. im not the only one desperate enough to get stoked about 3ft onshore short period surf, and

3. I didnt encounter 300 of you during my session.

Hey whats up im new to the forum

i hope there are still some waves at DP since I had to work all day today. how was swell size at the end of the night?

well i got in the water around 2 yesterday by the time i slipped out of work and grabbed my board and got down there. It was onshore waist high / stomach high sets and lined up on the inside ok wit the high tide. Nothing to get real stoked on but it sure was nice to ride something over knee high, even though it wasnt big it at least had some push. I missed the Monday night swell though for sure.