LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83
  1. #21
    First off, the site rocks and is the best free forecasting site by far.

    Using Chrome web browser I am experiencing miscellaneous text all over the bottom of the page, like in the forums preview and the reports preview. Its like text got too big for the allotted space.

    Using the app on my android- its awful. Im not being critical, but its just plain wrong. Pull up the forecast for a spot and it says tomorrow will be 2-3 foot and red. I click on tomorrow for details and its light sw winds and 1 ft of swell (which should show up as 0-1 and green). Either way, im not crying about the $3 bucks or whatever it was, but it would be cool if the thing worked. There is some sort of disconnect between the hourly details and the daily summary report.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,441
    Workin' great for me... AWESOME!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    I also miss the green man. Maybe he could be included as a widget above the swell graph indicating current conditions.
    That is an interesting idea - thanks! I think it is more of a sentimental attachment to the green man, then an actual useful resource at this point.

    I also mainly use the timeline for the at a glance look as well. The green/blue/red icons were created before the surf timeline is what it is now, which made them much more relevant.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    First off, the site rocks and is the best free forecasting site by far.

    Using Chrome web browser I am experiencing miscellaneous text all over the bottom of the page, like in the forums preview and the reports preview. Its like text got too big for the allotted space.

    Using the app on my android- its awful. Im not being critical, but its just plain wrong. Pull up the forecast for a spot and it says tomorrow will be 2-3 foot and red. I click on tomorrow for details and its light sw winds and 1 ft of swell (which should show up as 0-1 and green). Either way, im not crying about the $3 bucks or whatever it was, but it would be cool if the thing worked. There is some sort of disconnect between the hourly details and the daily summary report.
    What version of Chrome do you use? Who OS?

    The Android app has some bugs, we are working on. One fix will be released today or tomorrow.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    What version of Chrome do you use? Who OS?
    I actually had some issues in my Chrome as well.... It took me a little while to see where to clear the cache.
    Go to Options->Under the Hood->Privacy->Clear Browsing Data. Then clear your cache.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I actually find it much easier to view at a glance then the old page. I honestly just think it may just take a couple days to get used to.


    The info presented now, is already there when in hover mode over the graphic display. This mode is nice, always has been and actually shows more info than what's being shown now, as it's shows primary and secondary swell there.

    At a \"glance\" as you say, it's Less info. The info is hidden and I have to click to expand and see it one day at at time.

    So again, nothing new, just adding mouse clicks to walk through the text for each day. I'm not a fan, but that's just me. Other folks seem to like the expand colapsing, gadgetry of it. I just prefer to see the data quickly without having to click around for it.

    BTW, I've noticed that the new text at least for wind doesn't always match the wind prediction when you hover. So there some issues there. Not sure which one is the real value, as they should both be pulled data from the same location.

    Obviously this is free, so I can go elsewhere, no hate, just my opinion.

  7. #27
    I think the new site is great. Really appreciate your hard work on this. No issues at all - running Chrome 12.0.742.100

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by toes2thenose View Post


    The info presented now, is already there when in hover mode over the graphic display. This mode is nice, always has been and actually shows more info than what's being shown now, as it's shows primary and secondary swell there.

    At a \"glance\" as you say, it's Less info. The info is hidden and I have to click to expand and see it one day at at time.

    So again, nothing new, just adding mouse clicks to walk through the text for each day. I'm not a fan, but that's just me. Other folks seem to like the expand colapsing, gadgetry of it. I just prefer to see the data quickly without having to click around for it.

    BTW, I've noticed that the new text at least for wind doesn't always match the wind prediction when you hover. So there some issues there. Not sure which one is the real value, as they should both be pulled data from the same location.

    Obviously this is free, so I can go elsewhere, no hate, just my opinion.
    Wind is the exact same. The timeline shows knots, the left side shows mph... I will work on getting the units the same.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Wind is the exact same. The timeline shows knots, the left side shows mph... I will work on getting the units the same.
    Please stick with kts.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    236
    Images
    97
    I don't like having to click on each daily tab for the info. Liked it better with all the info for 5 days presented all @ once for morning & afternoon. I also think the icon's are more useful for us on the east coast. I don't know very many people that say the waves are 3'-4' high. Most everyone would say it was waist to chest.

    Take a look @ tomorrow's (Thurs) forecast for instance. Why list it in the morning as 1'-2' at quick glance & then click the tab that say's knee high. I know what 1'-2' means, but having a one bar red Icon like before would seem like a more logical choice instead of wave heights described AND body heights listed.