LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The colors for the days helps, but the icons were such a quick visual. My home computer loads the page way better than my work computer and its much easier to read at home than at work, but the older layout was so simple to understand.

i do like the separation of am and pm wave heights, and that the wind/tide data is on every day. I think i will get used to it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    The colors for the days helps, but the icons were such a quick visual. My home computer loads the page way better than my work computer and its much easier to read at home than at work, but the older layout was so simple to understand.
    Thanks again for your feedback. What was the big difference between your work and home computers? Just the page loading time? Screen size?

Images
    One cool thing to note, which isn't obvious, is if you click on one of the forecast days, you can scroll up and down through the days with the up and down arrows.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    One cool thing to note, which isn't obvious, is if you click on one of the forecast days, you can scroll up and down through the days with the up and down arrows.
    I made it so that you don't have to click on the days... on page load, you can scroll through the forecast day details, just using the up and down arrows.

definitely miss the green man with 5 bars... not that i'll quit using the site, but i agree with previous statements that the visual simplicity of those icons was the swellinfo hallmark. that said, the addition of wind/tide on each day is a nice addition.

my work computer uses internet explorer and they just don't work right. I use firefox or google chrome at home and it loads way better. If i needed to place a wager I would say its my work computer not the website.

Images
    There is now a link to go view the old page layout if so desired.
    It is hard to make everyone happy - hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    my work computer uses internet explorer and they just don't work right. I use firefox or google chrome at home and it loads way better. If i needed to place a wager I would say its my work computer not the website.
    Same with my work. If you go into Internet Options and then click on delete in the history section you will be able to clear out your temporary internet files. This worked for me, the new page loads correctly and just as fast as the old one. I think i can get used to the new one for sure. Like the colored day boxes/am pm wave heights.

The old layout was perfect I don't. Understand why it was changed, I have been using this site for years and the inaccurate forecasts bothered me less than this horrible new setup