LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Pack channel friday! Just dangerous

It has been awhile since I have seen pack channel that crowded. Looks like the summer crowd is here, along with all the tourist. I have never had a problem with tourist, but when you feel like you are in malibu (minus good swell) It's gone too far. Every kook with a longboard showed up. Seems old men on longboards are about as dangerous as an intoxicated driver on SPID! Hard to not get violent when you have these idiots trying to run their fins over your back. Anyone else have issues?
    Last edited by jtblue18; Jun 28, 2011 at 04:01 AM.

shut up accidents happen

I would not be complaining about one accident. That was in regards to a few "accidents"... And you must be an example.

next time I'm there with my longboard, introduce yourself & let's see what happens punk. look for me - I'll be in an H2.

Trust me, your mouth would close. Another internet hero. I have seen numerous H2'S. Silver fj, full left sleeve. I'm not hard to spot. Quit the internet trash talking guy. Everyone is a tough guy on here lol

And I'm still trying to figure out how this post turns you into internet tough guy? Were you being a prick and purposely ditching your board? Were you running over dudes? If so, I'm sure we will meet. If you are respectful, than get off it.

It's funny that everytime I have ever surf "pack channel" as you call it, the vibe is just about the best I have ever experienced... in fact, when I was there about 2 weeks ago, my boys (10 & 13) paddled out into the line up for the 1st time ever & we were welcomed by the locals, most of them older surfers, men & women both who encouraged them & told me not to worry about anyone hitting them & that they would help me watch over them. A moment I'll never forget. Priceless. I hope that who ever it was that ran you over was not a local & that I can count on the good local vibe I've always received. Peace.

If we don't try the right-of-way and behave...we all will loose it. Plus you don't want to end up in JAIL!

i thought the only swells you get are from ships passing by, How crowded can it get?

Images
    totally not worth traveling back in time for that post.