LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Les! I think that's you....

Been looking out for you since the last time I saw you in November. Been out hoping to catch some waves with you but the "guys" have been absent! Heading over to G-Town tomorrow and Thursday. Should be good. Peace.

Wow - I haven't seen or read such hate since I moved from Hawaii. I hope it doesn't spread. Surfing is a beautiful "sport" and there are plenty of waves to go around. Take one - give one. Be stoked that you can paddle out period.

Seriously? Hope it does not spread? Let's try to be realist here, and leave the "Endless Summer" in REM. Yes, we all are blessed to be able to surf. As long as there are selfish pricks in the line-up, then there is a need to put them in their place. Learn etiquette, and the problems can be minimal. And the trash talking seemed to be a misunderstanding, calm down Machado. lol
    Last edited by jtblue18; Jun 30, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Les! I think that's you....

Been looking out for you since the last time I saw you in November. Been out hoping to catch some waves with you but the "guys" have been absent! Heading over to G-Town tomorrow and Thursday. Should be good. Peace.
    Hey whats up? I'm still here, lol. I never wanna leave unless its to a better break The break here is so much better then it has been. I was told that it hasn't been this good sence 1990
    Keep the stoke going, I'll see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jtblue18 View Post
    I don't mind the kids and local older crowd. For the most part TX coast is chill compared to other places! The sea-wall will be fun tomorrow for a drifter, and a good way to avoid the crowd for the rest of the week. SUP guys can really get under my skin. As long as they are aware of how deadly that damn canoe is, it's all good. And etiquette is something that disappears in the summer I guess. Always down for beer lol
    I think we are on the same page
    etiquette is gone during summer. It gets hot and everyone is always pissed off and the line up is full of noobs. I surf the inside at surfside more now then ever. It's a hardcore little dumper that will break your neck if you don't know whats up. Most poeple leave the inside for me

Localism in Surfside, Texas? Dudes, I fought this battle (and lost) in my hometown in CA and can't believe the friendly folk here in Texas would allow it to rear its ugly and ignorant head. Isn't surfing about enjoying God's awesome creation (the ocean)? Isn't there enough violence in the world already? If you just can't control yourself because you have some bizarre need for violence, PM me and I'll see if you can come along to Afghanistan or Pakistan next time I go, or you can come visit me at the VA hospital and get a personal tour about the end result of violence. Can one really suggest that there isn't enough ocean for everyone? In more than 30+ years of surfing I have never met anyone who didn't understand a concern when expressed in an appropriate manner. It's a very rare person who would drop in or cut off someone on purpose, especially to cause injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinboy View Post
    Localism in Surfside, Texas? Dudes, I fought this battle (and lost) in my hometown in CA and can't believe the friendly folk here in Texas would allow it to rear its ugly and ignorant head. Isn't surfing about enjoying God's awesome creation (the ocean)? Isn't there enough violence in the world already? If you just can't control yourself because you have some bizarre need for violence, PM me and I'll see if you can come along to Afghanistan or Pakistan next time I go, or you can come visit me at the VA hospital and get a personal tour about the end result of violence. Can one really suggest that there isn't enough ocean for everyone? In more than 30+ years of surfing I have never met anyone who didn't understand a concern when expressed in an appropriate manner. It's a very rare person who would drop in or cut off someone on purpose, especially to cause injury.
    Dude your out of line! noone is talking about violence in Surfside. I have done nothing on this tread to make you think that. Where is your anger coming from? Why are you accusing me of getting violent or inforcing your kind of Localism in my home town? I have done nothing but share my stoke on this thread! You talk about all this local violence while you instigate! STFU!

If one reads the first post in this section of the forum, one will find the statement, "it's hard not to get violent". Not sure where you decided my post was about you, but it isn't, it's about the tenor of the initial post that started this thread. I don't even know who you are.

I thought i deleted that post. I really got mad for no reason. There is nothing here about surfside though, its all about Pack channel friday! Just dangerous You confussed me when you switch the topic from packery channel to surfside.

No worries, stay casual, perhaps we'll meet out one day.