LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    totally not worth traveling back in time for that post.

i thought the only swells you get are from ships passing by, How crowded can it get?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    totally not worth traveling back in time for that post.
    I agree. I didn't notice this thread originated this past summer. I stopped reading a few posts in and if I'm off target forgive me......

But this is what it has become?........Dudes threatening each other, over a computer, about riding BOAT WAKES......That's what the current state of surfing has become?? Yes, I do understand one's frustration about a spot or activity that was once uncrowded and peaceful becoming a zoo.....But people are fighting over boat wakes ?? Jesus dudes, just move to New Jersey and you can fight over waist high garbage.....HA !!! But natural waist high garbage !!! Anyone who is an angry, tough guy surfer. Come to Atlantic City.......we got waves and you can show your bad-arse side with the non surfing, local populace. Once you have AC mastered, you can head west to Camden and Philly where the big boys play and maybe catch some fabled West ground swell that lights up The Camden and Philly waterfronts... ALL Y'ALL CALM DOWN.

Who said anything about this thread being about boat wakes? You just jumped in to a forum with a post like that makes me want to stay away from your break. I surf almost everyday and i never seen a boat wake around here in Surfside. Just because you don't know anything about Texas surf doesn't mean we have none at all and rely on boats. The Gulf Of Mexico is not a lake full of boats. I thought you should know that since you don't know that Jetties have channels between them (TOPIC NAME IS CLEAR) and you think we only surf wake. Thats like me saying i have never been to Atlantic City so they only surf behind boats. Your post just shows us that you know nothing about us so piss off and let this thread go away!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by les freese View Post
    Who said anything about this thread being about boat wakes? You just jumped in to a forum with a post like that makes me want to stay away from your break. I surf almost everyday and i never seen a boat wake around here in Surfside. Just because you don't know anything about Texas surf doesn't mean we have none at all and rely on boats. The Gulf Of Mexico is not a lake full of boats. I thought you should know that since you don't know that Jetties have channels between them (TOPIC NAME IS CLEAR) and you think we only surf wake. Thats like me saying i have never been to Atlantic City so they only surf behind boats. Your post just shows us that you know nothing about us so piss off and let this thread go away!
    Listen man, you are right, I didn't really pay attention to the posts and just saw two people bickering from the get-go. I thought that y'all were talking about riding those wakes from the tankers. My apologies to you and the Texas surf community. I know you guys get waves and would actually like to surf there one day. Again I am sorry. However I will not "piss off" unless you are Australian or British.

Images
    I had some guy run his fin into the back of my head on a longboard, had to get stitches

kooks stay out of the way, regulators mount up!

regulators mount up!
    I love that movie! Which one are u: Lou Diamond Philips (I think he's as Corpus as Selena, could be wrong), Kiefer Sutherland or Emilio Estevez? I joke, but it's only Pack. I remember when it was just 2 foot a water and good place to catch reds. You sure didnt surf at JPLuby back then, although that's where i first stood up on a board. They didn't even dredge it and build the jetties until 02or3. It's not really enough of a wave to need to stress over man.

Images
    Wow. Very interesting. Never had any problems here except for flat spells.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipshot View Post
    Great. The "old man on longboards" sentence is what rubbed me the wrong way.
    if the shoe fits...