LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    I agree. I didn't notice this thread originated this past summer. I stopped reading a few posts in and if I'm off target forgive me......

But this is what it has become?........Dudes threatening each other, over a computer, about riding BOAT WAKES......That's what the current state of surfing has become??
    no, actually, that's just forum life in general. arguing with people you don't know, about things that don't matter, in a place that really doesn't exist. it's what makes the intertubes great

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    . . . a place that really doesn't exist. . . .
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1. There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Reality has a funny way of making you reinterpret what it is. The Internet may not be a tactile place, but to say that it is not real means that you see it the way the majority of people do. Some of us have other eyes and have seen revolutions that use real bullets start here, currencies be born and collapse, entire new forms of commerce develop. I see towns and communities; places I have never been and love to visit. There are market places and black markets. There are many, many hidden doors. Most people don't even know there are wars raging as i type this; and not little flame wars on forums like this, but real wars between governments and their proxies. The most successful robbery of all time was not at gunpoint, but via fiber channel.

This place is very real to me and it's a brave, new world.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1. There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Reality has a funny way of making you reinterpret what it is. The Internet may not be a tactile place, but to say that it is not real means that you see it the way the majority of people do. Some of us have other eyes and have seen revolutions that use real bullets start here, currencies be born and collapse, entire new forms of commerce develop. I see towns and communities; places I have never been and love to visit. There are market places and black markets. There are many, many hidden doors. Most people don't even know there are wars raging as i type this; and not little flame wars on forums like this, but real wars between governments and their proxies. The most successful robbery of all time was not at gunpoint, but via fiber channel.

This place is very real to me and it's a brave, new world.
    it was an allegorical observation - try not to read too much into it. and no, your loopback address is not home.

Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill

But this is what it has become?........Dudes threatening each other, over a computer, about riding BOAT WAKES......That's what the current state of surfing has become??

Here we go again! Threatening? I'm the only one who said anything about BOAT WAKES and i didn't threaten anyone! This is the second time on one thread that words have been put in my mouth or on my keyboard. Please read before posting.