LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Sat (today) Forecast Rating

Looks like you've gone & done it again, Micah. Yep. Solid, spot-on call for the OC-Assateague Saturday morning surf. You gave it 3 Green Men & it was that.

Glass from the early morning through 1100. Good waves, albeit you had to be on the shoulder & on the steep to get em (and the rides weren't long, just vintage east coast summer stuff), water temps slightly cool @ approx 66-67 degrees.
    A very good morning. Good call. Props where props are due.

And once again, Assateague is a stunning gift to us - - thank goodness the hordes in DC haven't really understood it yet.

Images
    Right on Dude. I need some head to overhead @ 12 seconds. I'm starving for it.
    Last edited by marknel83; Jun 25, 2011 at 10:06 PM.

I was over there today as well and I think the forecast was decent but I was slightly let down to be honest - I think it might have been because it was so d*mn fun here in vb a couple days last week. But hey at least its nice to know that no matter how crowded it gets here and everywhere else, there is always a peak or two you can have all to yourself in Assateague

wrong coast for the o.h. at 12 seconds bud. ha just goofin. forecast was right on point but some goods would be very welcome

ya "the hordes" will def keep not understanding it as long as we don't blab about it online...

+1 and then some on VB the past coupla weeks. There was one two or three day gig right after Memorial Day wknd, glass, clear water (!), good size waves, dolphins in the lineup....one of the better spells VB has had in awhile.....and best of all....the crowds had departed by post-Memorial Day Monday late morning....

Hear ya.

When we see the dip s h i ts with DC plates on their Z3's & stuck in the sand, we know we're in trouble. There was a recent article on 'our spot' in Washingtonian mag....just like every year or so, there is an article.....but, if it's not next to a Holiday Inn & with chic restaurants in walking distance, most people ain't even gonna think about it.

I'll say no more about it !

Having said that, it was a lot of vehicles out there today. Noticeably busier than it was, say, 8 years ago. And as the metro region continues to grow, the great places will get more crowded. What can you do. Just enjoy it while you can, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pierpit1 View Post
    ya "the hordes" will def keep not understanding it as long as we don't blab about it online...
    well said friend

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Looks like you've gone & done it again, Micah. Yep. Solid, spot-on call for the OC-Assateague Saturday morning surf. You gave it 3 Green Men & it was that.

Glass from the early morning through 1100. Good waves, albeit you had to be on the shoulder & on the steep to get em (and the rides weren't long, just vintage east coast summer stuff), water temps slightly cool @ approx 66-67 degrees.
    A very good morning. Good call. Props where props are due.

And once again, Assateague is a stunning gift to us - - thank goodness the hordes in DC haven't really understood it yet.
    nice After reading the thread title, I just assumed someone was going to complain about the forecast. Pleasant surprise, cheers!

damn it. i just wrote 3 paragraphs about this topic and somehow it got deleted. Anyway my main point was that i havent surfed a wave over waist high in southern jersey in over a month, and that I feel like i've been surfing the best I have ever surfed (got a new dumpster diver under my feet that feels amazing) and I just want to surf a wave over waist high. My expectations are the lowest of low, to those that think I'm holding off to surf. If I can see that I can do the littlest of turns I'm out there, albeit ankle high even. Summer doldrums hit me to hard too fast. getting impatient. help. for the love of god send me a pleasant surprise mother nature.