LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Amen, i love the feeling of dropping down and the feel of your fins diggin in and a nice clean wall over your head where you mind and board connect to make art.

Yankee,
    I am one of the DC Hordes. I was there yesterday; Old dude, yellow long board. I have about given up on all spots except Assateague & I have tried everything along the De & Md Coast. Its about the only spot that does not dump in the same spot with a little elbow room. I like the Vibe there too. I have been going there for the last year when I can (DC is a hike). I have always practiced the give a little if your the new guy policy & yesterday it paid off. Not one cut off even had a few folks yield when I had the peak. Thx to all - had a blast.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    damn it. i just wrote 3 paragraphs about this topic and somehow it got deleted. Anyway my main point was that i havent surfed a wave over waist high in southern jersey in over a month, and that I feel like i've been surfing the best I have ever surfed (got a new dumpster diver under my feet that feels amazing) and I just want to surf a wave over waist high. My expectations are the lowest of low, to those that think I'm holding off to surf. If I can see that I can do the littlest of turns I'm out there, albeit ankle high even. Summer doldrums hit me to hard too fast. getting impatient. help. for the love of god send me a pleasant surprise mother nature.
    How do you like the Dumpster Diver so far in small surf? I've heard its not a very good groveler thats why they added some changes to it and came up with the new Neckbeard. I'd like to try one sometime, those short stubby thrusters look like a lot of fun.

Images
    Forcasting for yeaterday and today were right on the money if not the conditions were better.

Knee to waist yesterday and today but as today went on it kinda fickled out but I belive that was to to sand moving around the spot I was at making it deeper

right there with you yankee...saturday morning was fun, there was even a little something out there this morning...not to mention how warm the water is, it feels so damn good...
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jun 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM.

Sorry to disappoint, us "DC hordes" already know about Assateague and have been going there for years, but thanks for your concern. Don't spoil it by telling anyone else.

Images
    What I like most about Assateague is the fact that it's bordered by "Assawoman Bay."

i like having it right down the road and not being one of the whored. giggety
    Last edited by ripturbo; Jun 27, 2011 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    +1 and then some on VB the past coupla weeks. There was one two or three day gig right after Memorial Day wknd, glass, clear water (!), good size waves, dolphins in the lineup....one of the better spells VB has had in awhile.....and best of all....the crowds had departed by post-Memorial Day Monday late morning....
    Yank! My MAN! I dont want to piss in your corn flakes, but those short period waist high waves are nothing compared to what we saw all winter & spring. IF you are going to surf this coast, get some rubber! That said, glad you had a good time at assowhoman (there is actually a nearby town called assowoman). ---edit-- looks like someone beat me to it... oops---

Whoever said overhead at 12 sec, I heard that! My yearly early august costa rica trip is in the planning stages. Never fails, monster south swells that time of year.
    Last edited by leethestud; Jun 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: assowoman

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    How do you like the Dumpster Diver so far in small surf? I've heard its not a very good groveler thats why they added some changes to it and came up with the new Neckbeard. I'd like to try one sometime, those short stubby thrusters look like a lot of fun.
    I just got a dumpster diver too, and it's by far the most awesome shortboard I've ever had. It does ok in small messy sh*t, but if its too small I'll just take out the nose rider (I just don't have the patience to pump and dance around on a wave that I know isn't gonna take me anywhere to do anything!). Neckbeard looks sick too.