LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Which do you recommend?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ci fishcuit

2 18.18%
  • FireWire quadfish

3 27.27%
  • Lost RNF

6 54.55%
  • Ci motorboat

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Board recommendations

Hey all,
    Looking into getting a new board. Selling a couple old ones to cash in for something new. I surf jersey waves year round, 5'10" 165lbs. Been surfing for 10 years now. Looking at a variety of boards but really unsure of which way to go. Among these boards are mainly fishes:
    - the FireWire quadfish

- lost RNF

- the ci fishcuit

Or

- the ci motorboat

Looking for something that will be good year round in all waves to ride. Plan to get a "go-to" board when the surf is up in the future to replace an older one. Can you guys give me some feed back on each board with some recommendations?

Thanks,
    Andrew

find a good loke shaper and support him. odds are he knows what goes and youll save money and get a solid board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripturbo View Post
    find a good loke shaper and support him. odds are he knows what goes and youll save money and get a solid board.
    I agree Talk to a local shaper and get a board by someone who surfs the same waves you do

Hey guys thanks for the feedback but I'm pretty set on one of these boards, I just need some feedback and recommendations on them. Let me know if you've had any experience with these or recommend one over the other and why?

Quote Originally Posted by atooky View Post
    I'm pretty set on one of these boards
    why? there's almost guaranteed to be a local shaper in your area who can make you a board similar to any of the above specifically tuned to the waves you surf day in & day out (not to mention it'll likely be cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by atooky View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback but I'm pretty set on one of these boards, I just need some feedback and recommendations on them. Let me know if you've had any experience with these or recommend one over the other and why?
    glassed thin and not tested in our surf. oh and theyre over priced and spit out of a machine with little human contact[if that matters] then had a logo put on to make people think theyre made by the guru

...guys I'm not not going to the local shaper. I do hear he makes good boards, but I've set myself on one of these. If you have some info on these boards please let me know

we already did

If you're set it doesn't seem like you need/want our opinion

i have a 6'0" firewire quadfish im getting rid of. the board is in great condition. just bought a couple of boards and need to trim down the quiver. let me know if you are interested.
    there are definitely some good shapers in the area like everyone else said. I just saw some of Dean Randazzo's boards in 7th street and was pretty impressed.