LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Paipo Boards???

Paipo Boards???

Any on else try one of these? Its like a 3 1/2 ft bodyboard/ kneeboard hybrid. I've been surfing not **** dragging (joke) an Austin for a week or so. Real fast. Super late takeoffs. Fun when your bored with other boards or to mess around with in the shore break. Not many shapers making them but thinking of ordering one. Maybe narrower pinched in rails in the back third to sink it in to turns better to make it more stand up shread-able.

Austin said they're insanely fast. I almost bought his dad's (used) paipo, but let it slip away. He was asking $250 with bag, fins & leash. It was a smokin deal. I regret not doing it....especially this past week.

Yup almost to fast! Urgh! Man that was a sweet deal but I wouldn't have dropped the coin either until I rode one here recently. Hope there arn't hte price of a new surfboard cuz I'm broke... maybe I'll try to scam my Dad's paipo to take back to micronesia

Talk to Austin about making you an RPM like the Checkered RPM. It has the same template as the baseline Austin paipo but is a tad narrower and thinner... enough to make it feel like a shortboard vs. a longboard. The RPM isn't great for everyday punchless DelMarVa waves -- the standard Austin paipo is better for that -- but is tons of fun in tropical juice or that rare day on the DMV. BTW, the board belonging to Austin's dad was the BigBoy Paipo, longer, wider and thicker, but everything else about it was the same (plan shape, rails, rocker, etc.), just scaled up for the "big boy" (which Troy was until he and Austin got into that insane weight loss exercise program a year or two ago).