LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Naval jetties opinion

Since they replaced the jetties do you think the break has gotten worse. Seemed that before the repair multiple sand bars would form along there creating more breaking spots. Now it only seems to break at the jetty it's self. Any other thoughts.

Images
    nowhere to park, crowds bigger than IR, one sucky right at the jetty, I think its the best everybody else should go there ill give you directions if you need

I say we put all the tree stumps back out there and see how many tards it weeds out, not to mention the 20 some odd boogie boarding groms that sit right in front of the take off zone....

Since they replaced the jetties do you think the break has gotten worse. Seemed that before the repair multiple sand bars would form along there creating more breaking spots. Now it only seems to break at the jetty it's self.
    You can't be serious with this statement.

new jetties, stump removal and sand buildup in between jetties have rendered a mushy overcrowded over rated wuss wave useless. except in winter during the week with waist hi or better surf. wouldnt be half bad if people knew what etiquitte and rotation meant. most people that surf there would be lost in surf over waist hi.or a left.or waves with power.
    Last edited by ripturbo; Jul 3, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

that place is crowded with 5 guys!...it may be convenient, but in reality...your not going to find a lot of spots in DE with a 2-3 ft wave @5-6 second period that is breaking anywhere other than on the beach, sandbars have been misshaped since Ida, and no matter how much repleneshment has been done, it only adds to the problem. With an above average hurricane season expected(and with water temps this warm this early, we gotta be gettin' hit hard this year),hopefully it will shape some bars. I am from DE and it would be real easy to go surf near and around my general location, but I've been forced to find better spots, which require a longer drive, but so be it...I'm riding waves.

Images
    Way over crowded now, and more than half of them dont know how to surf the spot when its working, sand bars are forming in a few other spots, which I will not disclose and they did not remove any stumps the sand has covered them up due to the new jetties, which I personally think they should have left alone because atleast back then both jetties and other spots would work.

i guess im pickn at nits but they removed stumps. otherwise i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    that place is crowded with 5 guys!...it may be convenient, but in reality...your not going to find a lot of spots in DE with a 2-3 ft wave @5-6 second period that is breaking anywhere other than on the beach, sandbars have been misshaped since Ida, and no matter how much repleneshment has been done, it only adds to the problem. With an above average hurricane season expected(and with water temps this warm this early, we gotta be gettin' hit hard this year),hopefully it will shape some bars. I am from DE and it would be real easy to go surf near and around my general location, but I've been forced to find better spots, which require a longer drive, but so be it...I'm riding waves.
    I go there may be 3 times a year for the past few years just to see how it is. I have been going south for better waves and less crowds myself. It is what it is was just seeing if other folks felt the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    You can't be serious with this statement.
    Not sure what u mean