LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,357
    Images
    23

    surfline is crap

    I hate how surfline is practically a shortboard only website. They almost
    have nothing other than the shorboard style. I really wish they would mix it up a bit more, especially considering they're considered the leading website for surfing.

  2. #2
    Surfline's premium forecasting service is a valuable tool, the LOLA dashboard, the near shore model, etc. The video and news coverage... is inspired by ASP events, freak spots like ships, mavs, and mex pipeline. Their videos are about hell drops and big airs. Things are just at a higher adrenaline level than longboarding. If Joel Tudor is featured, he is on an egg or a fish, if Laird is featured, he is behind a ski at jaws.
    Last edited by leethestud; Jul 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318
    or try a shorter board yourself.i recommend the twin fin fish,especially since your name is super fish

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    726
    Surfline has been around for a long time. I can remember when they use to have surf report phone line. Remember those surf report phone lines? Does anyone still call a surf report? If so, that would be pretty damn cool.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I hate how surfline is practically a shortboard only website. They almost
    have nothing other than the shorboard style. I really wish they would mix it up a bit more, especially considering they're considered the leading website for surfing.
    hate to break it to you bud but longboarding is cool and all its just kinda boring compared to the stuff lee mentioned

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Surfline has been around for a long time. I can remember when they use to have surf report phone line. Remember those surf report phone lines? Does anyone still call a surf report? If so, that would be pretty damn cool.
    When I used to live in Jax Beach, FL Sunrise surf shop still had a report hot line. This old fella who always takes a morning swim at 6 am did the report every day, and did 2-3 updates depending on swell conditions. I thought it was pretty awesome. ----> 904-241-0933

    I'm surprised with how many shops are in here they don't have any hotlines.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    longboarding is cool and all its just kinda boring compared to the stuff lee mentioned
    Cool? I don't know about "cool," brother.... not sure I even know what cool is these days... but it sure as he!l ain't boring. I know you're talking about the website, and not the actual act of surfing, but if I didn't have a longboard in my quiver, I'd be missing out on a lot of fun, especially during the summer. I'll reach for my longboard 5x more often than my shortboard from about the end of May till hurricane season starts. Even the fish gets more action than my shortboard. IMO, shortboards are for when the surf is good. I'll take a speedy nose trim over a forced, jerky top turn on a thigh high peeler any day. Every time I take out a shortboard on a small day I end up asking myself, how many one foot lip smackers do I need? There's no adrenaline rush in that for me.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jul 7, 2011 at 03:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    When I used to live in Jax Beach, FL Sunrise surf shop still had a report hot line. This old fella who always takes a morning swim at 6 am did the report every day, and did 2-3 updates depending on swell conditions. I thought it was pretty awesome. ----> 904-241-0933

    I'm surprised with how many shops are in here they don't have any hotlines.
    I lived in JaxBeach for a little while. I remember that dude....I use to surf the Poles and would sometimes take the ferry to North Jetty...good times.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    hate to break it to you bud but longboarding is cool and all its just kinda boring compared to the stuff lee mentioned

    logging (in the classic style) is definitely for the kool kats among us & nowhere near boring. boring is a matter of opinion. outside the mainstream, sure. personally, i find watching spastic flapping by the "shortboard only" to be boring & slightly painful. broaden your mind...there's a lot more to riding a traditionally shaped longboard than just standing around.

  10. #10
    Amen to that brother. A long board is essential for the east coast summers.