LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday

Images

Sunday

Chop or not sunday sunday sunday

so what the it cant be right

Images
    I say watch the magic as it dissapears over the next 24 hours, lol.

right right

if no i got a spot

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I say watch the magic as it dissapears over the next 24 hours, lol.
    Ha! Its already gone. It took 6 hours for that swell to disappear...The noon NOAA WW3 model run had 8'@ 8 sec for sunday Delmarva, 6 p.m. run has 1.6 feet at 10 seconds.

7 days out is voodoo.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM.

headhigh chop sounds good to me right now

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Ha! Its already gone. It took 6 hours for that swell to disappear...The noon NOAA WW3 model run had 8'@ 8 sec for sunday Delmarva, 6 p.m. run has 1.6 feet at 10 seconds.

7 days out is voodoo.

Hah. 7 days out is called 'marketing your website.'

couple of qs....im trying my best to learn more about swells and such
    where is this swell coming from?
    how long will it last for
    and the forecast for nags head nc is 6-9 ft with 12 foot swell.. what is the difference in swell and wave height mean and also can someone tell me how this will look (ex.. surfable..rough)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner Stephens View Post
    couple of qs....im trying my best to learn more about swells and such
    where is this swell coming from?
    how long will it last for
    and the forecast for nags head nc is 6-9 ft with 12 foot swell.. what is the difference in swell and wave height mean and also can someone tell me how this will look (ex.. surfable..rough)
    - to get an idea of where the swell is coming from, look at the wave maps. zooming out is often helpful on the maps.
    - how long will it last for. Well, look at the forecast
    - 12 ft seas and 6-9 ft surf. Swellinfo predicts the wave face heights on the beach. The swell heights are open ocean swells that approach the coast. Wave face height is based on swell height, swell period, and swell direction (not to mention many other variables). But open ocean swell heights aren't the same as the breaking wave. So, 12ft @ 10 seconds, may be 6-9. But, 4ft @ 15 seconds may also be 6-9. In general, Swellinfo plays on the conservative side for bigger swells.

Also, when you say the swell all of a sudden disapears, this isn't the case. Look at the wave maps, and you an see that the storm track just stays more south then the previous model cycles. So, where the Southeast is still big, but the Mid Atlantic isn't see the swell by Sunday. Since weather or surf forecasting relies heavily on the model guidance, you have to keep an eye on these updates, and that is why forecasts can changes so much. This is especially true for East Coast surf forecasts, because most of our swells come from storms right off the coast and any small change in the track forecast can make gigantic differences.