LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delaware Surf

Thanks for the responses. Jersey it is.

It's a sin what they have done to IRI. They have ruined that spot. Although it was near high tide when I was there, the wave actually reflects off the banks and bounces back - kinda like a wave in a bowl. Even further north where you could surf, it's all gone.

Spots that beach replenishment has killed within the last five years:

Naval jetties
    North shores
    Gordons pond
    Dewey
    Keyhole
    3rs
    Iri north and south
    Bethany

Thanks for using our tax money to destroy the little break we have!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    It doesnt matter...its just not breaking at all under chest high, short period, long period whatever. There are just no sand bars.
    yeah, it's bad...I laugh when i ride over the bridge and see 30 guys out there on top of each other and there's a little pulse breaking on the beach...sh*t, it'll be back, just need some storms...That Saturday after Ernesto passed were some of the biggest, cleanest lines I have ever seen. No trough, no surf. Stay Thirsty

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    It doesnt matter...its just not breaking at all under chest high, short period, long period whatever. There are just no sand bars.
    No stoke in Delaware its either dawn patrol in OC or Assateague; maybe you have the answer to this one, I have these special fishing sunglasses that filters the light to see structure under water. I've noticed what does appear to be a sand bar (color change from green to brown) that zig zags along the shoreline about 30/40 yards out @ several spots so maybe there is a "bar" just maybe not enough swell to work over it ????????