LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best summer wave board??

Im trying to figure out what board to pick up for the rest of the summer here in NJ. Something that can pull crazy sh*t even in the 2' mush we get, but can handle the hurricane waves or the rare days when there are clean head high surf

im wondering the same thing, mostly **** waves, but a responsive board that can still make hard turns

not neccesarily a full out groveler, but i was thinking along the lines of a ...lost rocket or maybe a js blak box. i dont really like merricks that much, not sure why

It is by far the best small wave board I had ever owned!

I can’t wait to take it out in bigger surf. Still have not ridden the G4 but will as soon as the waves pick up.
    Pete Simmerson, San Diego, CA
    Custom Proxy Epoxy Rascal II: 6′0″ x 20 1/8″ x 2 1/2″ moontail
    Four Parabolic Channels
    Five Fin Install: MR-TX with GX trailer

:-)
    John Galt
    Con Edison, Sales Consultant
    Albany, New York

i would go with a rusty dwart or a lost round nose fish

forgot to mention im trying to stay away from a fish. Looking for a nice high performance hybrid...if there really is one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chris122 View Post
    forgot to mention im trying to stay away from a fish. Looking for a nice high performance hybrid...if there really is one
    js black box looks sick. dumpster diver can hold in head high waves, and still rips in small mush.

You need something on the fatter side. Xanadu Rocky model is wide good in smaller waves. Afterburner is a good board cross between a fish and shortboard but more shortboard. Pretty much most shapers are making a wider shortboard these days. If your going to buy new have someone near you shape one.

xanadu gipos with 5 fin set up from long island it is hands down the best funest board i have ever ridden and can handle all waves the east coast has to offer super fast and can still lay rail it is an amazing east coast summer board for sure

Images
    JS Blak Box. Easy. I have one. I'm 5'10, 165 lbs and I love it. Mine is 5'11'' x 19 3/4 x 2 1/4. It works perfectly in small mushy waves and it handles perfectly in bigger hurricane waves as well. I surf maine a lot, and I got my Blak Box right before Hurricane Igor last summer. I surfed it throughout the hurricane, and I loved it. It's a perfect board for small, mushy waves, to even bigger hurricane waves. But they are pretty expensive, so if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money on a new one, I recommend trying to find a barely used / used in great condition one.