LOGIN | REGISTER

nicVScostaVSpanamizzle

For a SUMMER surf trip what are your opinions on Nicaragua , Costa Rica , panama

What are the pros and cons of these summer surf destinations

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    For a SUMMER surf trip what are your opinions on Nicaragua , Costa Rica , panama

What are the pros and cons of these summer surf destinations
    Cons: Lots of rain, Dirty Water, watch for large debris...LARGE debris, more crocs in the water

Pros: Bigger Surf!!! Go!

they all recieve bigger swell in the summer. weather is usually rainer, can be humid, but usually less hot.

Costa - great place, alot of other stuff to do if you bring your chick or a non surfer, Alot of great waves but most are generally more crowded. also getting more expensive

Panama - only been once and it was to santa catalina, so my knowledge of that country is the least. the lineup was crowded but there are 2 other points in walking distance that are pretty empty. also a boat ride to some other spots. the town has a great vibe. super far from the airport. also good scuba

Nica - my favorite of the 3, that is why i live there now. Many quality waves and least crowded. especially up north. alot is still just being "discovered". offshore winds basically all day on the SW coast, up north winds arent offshore all day tho. con - most of the points are lefts(im regular). but the beachys are rights and lefts. some of the waves are crowded on the SW Coast.

safety:
    personally i think they are all safe to the exact same extent. crime happens where population is, (managua, san jose, panama city, jaco, san juan del sur, etc) so the more remote your are, the less crime.

Dont forget El Salvador - Right point break heaven. some breaks are packed. i think la libertad is sketchy but you can stay in other areas in the "West". or there is also the "Wild East" which has some great spots too.
    Last edited by gnurider7; Jul 14, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Wow thanks for all the info

You made me wana go to el Salvador over panama

Do u have any more info and advice on surfing el salv

i sent you a PM. not sure if it went thru, it was connecting but an error message would come thru, so i tried sending it a few times. reply to it if u got it