LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Who are you planning on voting for in the 2012 presidential election?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    25 36.76%
  • Mitt Romney

    5 7.35%
  • Ron Paul

    26 38.24%
  • Michele Bachmann

    1 1.47%
  • Herman Cain

    4 5.88%
  • Newt Gingrich

    1 1.47%
  • Tim Pawlenty

    2 2.94%
  • Rudi Giulliani

    1 1.47%
  • Rick Perry

    0 0%
  • Sarah Palin

    3 4.41%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 212
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    544
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachCruiser01 View Post
    We have a spending problem because Boehner, et al, cut taxes and spent on 2 wars and expanded gov't. Boehner has no credibility on the "blank check" statement because he gave Bush a blank check for 6 years when Rs controlled the house last time. The same house leadership that gave Bush everything he ever wanted and more the last time they were in charge are now crying about how Obama spent us here. No, Obama did not. Obama spending is 20% of the problem.

    Its not bickering over numbers, its debating the facts of where we are and how we got here.

    Once again We have a revenue problem just as much as a spending problem because Rs voluntarily CUT taxes while INCREASING spending.
    the house leadership might be the same...but it's the freshmen Tea Party congressmen that are driving the agenda. They were not around with Bush. In fact they were elected because of the spending Bush did and the increased spending under Obama.
    I feel like you are missing the point. It not who's fault it is or not....it's about doing the right thing NOW. I'm not some Bush or Boehner apologist.....I just want things done right. It's very simple. I think alot of Americans realize this. We shall let the elections speak for themselves.

  2. The right thing to do right now is to raise the debt ceiling. Obama had already agreed to 4+ trillion in spending cuts if the Republicans would agree to revenue increases by revising the tax code (reducing rates while eliminating loopholes) but Republicans said no. Even though they got what they asked for, $4T.

    And I disagree, the tea party was not elected because of Bush spending. No where in the tea party platform do they blame Bush. They always blame "the government" yet never speak ill of republicans that were part of the problem.

    The origins of the tea party had elements of all big gov't is bad, but that was quickly eliminated when the Republican party came in and the rhetoric changed to blaming democrats for everything where possible.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,313
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    My Orioles suck but they are my team and I am sticking with them. The Yankees and Bosox are simply what makes major league baseball disgusting these days.

    I'll vote for that. Go Pirates!

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachCruiser01 View Post
    The right thing to do right now is to raise the debt ceiling. Obama had already agreed to 4+ trillion in spending cuts if the Republicans would agree to revenue increases by revising the tax code (reducing rates while eliminating loopholes) but Republicans said no. Even though they got what they asked for, $4T.

    And I disagree, the tea party was not elected because of Bush spending. No where in the tea party platform do they blame Bush. They always blame "the government" yet never speak ill of republicans that were part of the problem.

    The origins of the tea party had elements of all big gov't is bad, but that was quickly eliminated when the Republican party came in and the rhetoric changed to blaming democrats for everything where possible.
    I hate Democrats/Republicans and the entire two party system. Therefore, I'm not blaming it on either party. Both parties are responsible. Raising the debt ceiling is definitely not the answer. That's crazy. Let's cut programs/spending and let the cards fall where they may. I can guarantee you that the Sun will still come up if the debt ceiling isn't raised by the deadline. Don't believe the scare tactics. Just like reasons they used for going to war, a color coded terror alert system, Wall Street crisis where stimulus was just to give their friends billions of dollars, etc.

    I'm sure they will raise the debt ceiling and run the country like all the other fat lazy Americans who don't pay their bills and got mortgages they couldn't afford. They will ask for their credit card limits to be raised too. What ever happened to being responsible with your money and actually saving. Everything is bought with plastic and everyone racks up a huge amount of debt until we are all enslaved by the debt. People buy things they don't need with money they don't have.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    My Orioles suck but they are my team and I am sticking with them. The Yankees and Bosox are simply what makes major league baseball disgusting these days.
    I hear you and that makes you an admirable fan...I'm glad I've been a Phillies fan all my life 'cause 2008 was awesome and this year they have a really good chance to win it all again! Go PHILLIES!
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jul 26, 2011 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachCruiser01 View Post
    The right thing to do right now is to raise the debt ceiling. Obama had already agreed to 4+ trillion in spending cuts if the Republicans would agree to revenue increases by revising the tax code (reducing rates while eliminating loopholes) but Republicans said no. Even though they got what they asked for, $4T.

    And I disagree, the tea party was not elected because of Bush spending. No where in the tea party platform do they blame Bush. They always blame "the government" yet never speak ill of republicans that were part of the problem.

    The origins of the tea party had elements of all big gov't is bad, but that was quickly eliminated when the Republican party came in and the rhetoric changed to blaming democrats for everything where possible.
    There's only been one actual plan proposed and voted on. It was cut, cap and balance, proposed by the Republicans and voted out of the house with bi-partisan support. There hasn't been any other plan to vote on. So you can blame Republicans all you want (and there not all blameless in the debt problem), but they're the only side that's proposed and voted on a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Proof that Obama and the Dems are playing politics when they scream like chicken little yet are against the only plan proposed so far.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,180
    Holy crap!! Did Amy Winehouse really die????

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Holy crap!! Did Amy Winehouse really die????
    yup...cocaine, ectasy & heroin...lovely combo. Too bad, she was damn good.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    I hate Democrats/Republicans and the entire two party system. Therefore, I'm not blaming it on either party. Both parties are responsible. Raising the debt ceiling is definitely not the answer. That's crazy. Let's cut programs/spending and let the cards fall where they may. I can guarantee you that the Sun will still come up if the debt ceiling isn't raised by the deadline. Don't believe the scare tactics. Just like reasons they used for going to war, a color coded terror alert system, Wall Street crisis where stimulus was just to give their friends billions of dollars, etc.

    I'm sure they will raise the debt ceiling and run the country like all the other fat lazy Americans who don't pay their bills and got mortgages they couldn't afford. They will ask for their credit card limits to be raised too. What ever happened to being responsible with your money and actually saving. Everything is bought with plastic and everyone racks up a huge amount of debt until we are all enslaved by the debt. People buy things they don't need with money they don't have.
    Tell it like it is, brother.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jwj72 View Post
    There's only been one actual plan proposed and voted on. It was cut, cap and balance, proposed by the Republicans and voted out of the house with bi-partisan support. There hasn't been any other plan to vote on. So you can blame Republicans all you want (and there not all blameless in the debt problem), but they're the only side that's proposed and voted on a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Proof that Obama and the Dems are playing politics when they scream like chicken little yet are against the only plan proposed so far.
    5 dems voting for the cut cap n balance act is hardly bi partisan support. There was no bi partisan support for it in the Senate, if it did, it would be on Obama to veto. But it didn't. Its a bad plan. Reducing spending to 18% of GDP cap is just stupid and irresponsible. Paul Ryans budget, for example, has spending over 20% at 2040. That is 1966 level of spending requiring a 25% cut across the board. The constitutional amendment language is a political move that would take years to work through its process.

    No bill is better then a bad bill.

    And no, thats not proof that Obama is playing politics anymore than Republicans get 4 trillion in cuts and still say no.