LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    i remember buying a board from the same shop a few years ago, they gave me a free leash and like 5 bars of wax. now if you buy a board, you might get 1 bar of wax if you're lucky

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    if it was 30$ yeah then you got a reason to complain.

make your own wax......or make more money...
    good point, i need to sit my boss down and explain that I need a raise to cover the rising cost of sex wax!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    good point, i need to sit my boss down and explain that I need a raise to cover the rising cost of sex wax!
    you are going to the wrong store the jrmarket is like 1.29 for wax

Wax is one of the few surf accessories still made in the USA. The wholesale price that a surf shop pays for a bar of sex wax is $1, so the shop certainly has to mark it up and make some money. I agree that $3 is too steep, but $1.50 is reasonable. Sticky bumps is a little cheaper wholesale. We need to be careful not too complain too much about prices or next thing you know wax will be made in iran or china and more surfers will be out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    Wax is one of the few surf accessories still made in the USA. The wholesale price that a surf shop pays for a bar of sex wax is $1, so the shop certainly has to mark it up and make some money. I agree that $3 is too steep, but $1.50 is reasonable. Sticky bumps is a little cheaper wholesale. We need to be careful not too complain too much about prices or next thing you know wax will be made in iran or china and more surfers will be out of work.
    wait a sec surfers have jobs

damn! this thread reminded me that i meant to grab a couple bars while i was at work today...it's a $1.50 at the shop where i work, btw.

waxin that a$$

1. wax that board up real good, like 10-12 bars worth
    2. get a wax comb or an afro pick and rough up the surface of the board real good
    3. rub some sand in that wax
    4. be sure not to manscape so the fur pelt on your abdomen protects your skin and you get some grarly wax chunks caught in your chest hair that you can save for the next session

$4 for rob machados "organic" tropical wax in va beach. ill stick to my sandy board and the melted wax on my bumper

LMAO! i can't believe the term "manscape" was used on this forum! LMAO!!

Images

Petroleum

It's a petroleum based product, what do you expect? The price of an Italian Cold Cut sub is far, far worse.