LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    This tropical depression

    It isnt going to affect us at all in Delaware? Damnnnn dissapointing

  2. #2
    even more surprising is that frisco/hatty isn't really scheduled to get any action.. Hummmm

    all i have to say is that my old man sent me an email at 5am about the storm and told me to head south sometime between thurs and saturay. He was tracking storms wayyyy before any of us, even surfline.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    The southeast should feel some southerly swells from the current Brett forecast.
    I need to do some work on the Swellinfo backend to get the tropical forecasted winds in the model again.
    Arggg, of course I pick bad timing to go on vacation.

  4. #4
    we aint getn diddley boys, tropical season is way overhyped for the amount of decent swell/wind combo around here. leestuds pop is right head south. see ya when the noreasters start

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,371
    Images
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    even more surprising is that frisco/hatty isn't really scheduled to get any action.. Hummmm

    all i have to say is that my old man sent me an email at 5am about the storm and told me to head south sometime between thurs and saturay. He was tracking storms wayyyy before any of us, even surfline.
    One of the NOAA models (the north atlantic hurricane model) this morning is calling for a decent (4-5 foot, medium period) pulse of straight south swell for the Hatteras area filling in on wednesday and fading fast thursday.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jul 18, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    One of the NOAA models (the north atlantic hurricane model) this morning is calling for a decent (4-5 foot, medium period) pulse of straight south swell for the Hatteras area filling in on wednesday and fading fast thursday.
    I'm updating the Swellinfo model right now to input the tropical storm forecast winds. Will be updated this morning.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,371
    Images
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I'm updating the Swellinfo model right now to input the tropical storm forecast winds. Will be updated this morning.
    Nice! little bump maybe even for the Delmarva "armpit" of the coast

  8. I'll take anything at this point....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Nice! little bump maybe even for the Delmarva "armpit" of the coast
    Ya, latest forecast is based on OOZ hurricane wind model. The southerly swell has decreased for the Mid Atlantic in the latest (06Z) forecast. Swellinfo updates are based on OOZ (morning) and 12Z (evening). Hopefully you guys realize how fickle the tropical storm wind forecasts are and how much they will change with each update.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    684
    The only hope we have is if we can get a 2 to 2.5 swell at 10seconds for 4 hours max. Even that is wishfull thinking....go fish