LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sadness

1. Surfing is a business. All surfers benefit from the industry in some regard. All surfers need gear. Surfers get forecasts, go on forums, watch videos, work in surf shops, shape boards, do/ need ding repair, etc... The people who provide these products and services don't do it for free. The big surf companies pour money into all of these ventures be it through straight sponsorship or advertising. If their wasn't a large market for these products and services, no one would offer them. It would make our lives much more difficult which means less time to surf. Come Labor Day, the rules change. But for these few months of gutless surf where tourists bring their dollars and keep these local communities alive for the rest of the year, it's best to Stay Above the Weather!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Surfing is a business. All surfers benefit from the industry in some regard. All surfers need gear. Surfers get forecasts, go on forums, watch videos, work in surf shops, shape boards, do/ need ding repair, etc... The people who provide these products and services don't do it for free. The big surf companies pour money into all of these ventures be it through straight sponsorship or advertising. If their wasn't a large market for these products and services, no one would offer them. It would make our lives much more difficult which means less time to surf. Come Labor Day, the rules change. But for these few months of gutless surf where tourists bring their dollars and keep these local communities alive for the rest of the year, it's best to Stay Above the Weather!!
    Is a live person typing this, or some kind of Global Surf Industries Bot?

3. Its funny how skeptical people get when you present a positive message that isn't complaining about something or hating on certain people or things. Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!

Images
    Its funny how skeptical people get when you present a positive message that isn't complaining about something or hating on certain people or things. Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!
    I'm just messing w/you...bored on my lunch break.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I'm just messing w/you...bored on my lunch break.
    Instigator!

the weather has been sublime here this summer.it's the waves,you d-bag.

Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!
    Good shtick, man.

Images
    There's a tick on this forum that's giving me a rash and has me feeling decidedly under the weather.

I'm just curious. Where, in regards to the weather, am I supposed to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    I'm just curious. Where, in regards to the weather, am I supposed to stay?
    at a diagonal to it, i believe.