LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Sadness

  1. Surfing is a business. All surfers benefit from the industry in some regard. All surfers need gear. Surfers get forecasts, go on forums, watch videos, work in surf shops, shape boards, do/ need ding repair, etc... The people who provide these products and services don't do it for free. The big surf companies pour money into all of these ventures be it through straight sponsorship or advertising. If their wasn't a large market for these products and services, no one would offer them. It would make our lives much more difficult which means less time to surf. Come Labor Day, the rules change. But for these few months of gutless surf where tourists bring their dollars and keep these local communities alive for the rest of the year, it's best to Stay Above the Weather!!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,438
    Images
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Surfing is a business. All surfers benefit from the industry in some regard. All surfers need gear. Surfers get forecasts, go on forums, watch videos, work in surf shops, shape boards, do/ need ding repair, etc... The people who provide these products and services don't do it for free. The big surf companies pour money into all of these ventures be it through straight sponsorship or advertising. If their wasn't a large market for these products and services, no one would offer them. It would make our lives much more difficult which means less time to surf. Come Labor Day, the rules change. But for these few months of gutless surf where tourists bring their dollars and keep these local communities alive for the rest of the year, it's best to Stay Above the Weather!!
    Is a live person typing this, or some kind of Global Surf Industries Bot?

  3. Its funny how skeptical people get when you present a positive message that isn't complaining about something or hating on certain people or things. Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,438
    Images
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Its funny how skeptical people get when you present a positive message that isn't complaining about something or hating on certain people or things. Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!
    I'm just messing w/you...bored on my lunch break.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    436
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I'm just messing w/you...bored on my lunch break.
    Instigator!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318
    the weather has been sublime here this summer.it's the waves,you d-bag.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Just spreading the word, don't let the weather get you down. Stay Above it!!
    Good shtick, man.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,460
    Images
    5
    There's a tick on this forum that's giving me a rash and has me feeling decidedly under the weather.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    I'm just curious. Where, in regards to the weather, am I supposed to stay?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    I'm just curious. Where, in regards to the weather, am I supposed to stay?
    at a diagonal to it, i believe.