LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    This is very true but , when you see people like I stated in my post above then it comes down to them possilbly putting a damper one someones session. Would u be pissed if you could surf off the rock cause there was some wanna be donkey flinging his board around and flailing his body around as he tired to do a air. What if you pumping down the line and this "shredder" shoots his board off the lip crack you in the temple or does a back flip on you ??? It would suck right
    I see your point but how is that any different than some idiot on his brand new pop out 9'4" dropping in on you and sending his board right at you? A kooks a kook regardless if they are flailing trying airs or dropping in and pearling every takeoff in front of you. Theres always gonna be people out in the lineup that have no clue what their doing and are dangerous to other surfers, you just have to deal with it and protect yourself from whatever harm they may cause.

I'd much rather watch a skateboarder pull some gnarly air in a empty pool than surfers pulling airs. The price skaters pay is no joke when they f*** up. A guy doesn't make an air on a three foot closeout in the shallows, big deal. He stands up and paddles out. I don't mean to disrespect any surfers who are into airs 'cause everyone has their thing but the attention and focus in pro surfing on airs is overblown. I never hear anyone say they are sick of watching someone get blown out of a deep barrel. When they start sticking airs on 10 ft closeouts at pipe, hell, I might be interested again.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macedon View Post
    I'd much rather watch a skateboarder pull some gnarly air in a empty pool than surfers pulling airs. The price skaters pay is no joke when they f*** up. A guy doesn't make an air on a three foot closeout in the shallows, big deal. He stands up and paddles out. I don't mean to disrespect any surfers who are into airs 'cause everyone has their thing but the attention and focus in pro surfing on airs is overblown. I never hear anyone say they are sick of watching someone get blown out of a deep barrel. When they start sticking airs on 10 ft closeouts at pipe, hell, I might be interested again.
    Oh really? Try that in Hawaii, PR, Barbados, or anywhere there is reef, and I think your attitude will change. You can lose a lot of skin man. And, if you think here in NJ you can't get hurt on a 3ft closeout....just ask Ted Shred...he broke his back on a 3ft wave. Accidents happen regardless of your skill level.

And, to everyone crying about they are tired of seeing airs. Well, that's probably because you cannot pull one off or land one successfully. I think I read in one of the surf zines that like 80% of all surfers have never landed an air. Don't know how true the percentage is but there are too many haters.....
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Dec 7, 2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    until recently these upside-down 360 air flip moves were not possible.
    they deserve credit for doing things no one ever did before.
    but why would they want to?
    now that people are doing it,and i haven't seen the new surfing issue,i can say that it is not really surfing.
    it's athletic people doing tricks that have nothing to do with riding waves.
    amazing gymnastics.
    perfect walls,beautiful sections going to waste while some guy is flying around showing off.
    i also find the turns lame.
    high-speed 'hacks' that slap the wave.
    MP at Kirra,Rabbit at Burleigh Heads,MR on a twin fin,Wayne Lynch in Western Australia,Shaun Tomson at Off The Wall,BK at Sunset,Lopez at Pipeline,Tom Curren at Rincon,Lance Carson at Malibu,everyone knows what they're looking at.You can't surf better than that.off the lips,cutbacks,tube rides.surfing riding waves.not flying around in the air above a perfect,beautiful wave.
    DITTO!! Mahalo!!

tube dodging

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    tube dodging
    lol classic....

for a minute there i thought my old pal yankee was back...

there are some guys who have the whole package. to state the obvious...Slater is one of them. steez is hard to come by these days.

Images
    A good surfer has balance. 50% air's and modern surfing, 50% rail, carves.. the old school POWER SURFING.

10. If you're sick of seeing airs, go find some better waves. At Pipe Masters tomorrow, I doubt there will be many airs. This thread might as well read "I'm sick of watching Reality TV." Then Don't Watch!!!! #StayAbovetheWeather