LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Airplane

Airplane

I'm going to ca. Later this summer and wanted to take a board, 9' ideally, 8' possiblly 7' 6" acceptably. I do have a case (for the 9') but would love tips about getting it on the plane and back in the ground safely. Thanks.

After my last experience with U.S. Airways, I'd consider shipping it to a depot near where you're going to be & picking it up when you get there. It could be as much as half the price of bringing with you, less likely to get damaged and more likely to get money for repair if it does get damaged. Just one opinion.

Images

Images
    I would say rent a board. California has an infinite amount of surf shops. I went out to Swami's one day and there was a guy out there that had rented a brand spankin new firewire longboard for the entire day for $20 from some surf shop that had just opened up. That's a fairly high quality board and at an amazing price. I am sure they had some other good boards to choose from. I would hate to bring one of my favorite boards just to pay $150 to have it beat to crap and then have to pay for the repairs. It almost doesn't seem worth it.