LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aapl View Post
    Given the lack of summer swell I am looking for some other things to keep myself occupied.. What's a good longboard skateboard I could get for cruising? Nothing fancy or to expensive..

Another side bar question.. How old is too old to cruise on a skate board lol.. I feel like I am quickly approaching that age where I should think twice about riding around town on a board... Other times I just think to myself who gives a F** I'm not bothering anyone.

Thanks guys!!
    Tony Hawk's 80 and still busting 900's

I'm 26 and I still ride my skateboard everyday. I don't think I will ever stop. Longboards are super fun because you can throw down some fun carves and feels (almost) like surfing - More so than snowboarding I would say... I still like busting trey's, nollies and shuv-it's though so I will always pick my 7.5x31.5 over a longboard any day!!!

I bought an Original Custom 35 last year, the thing carves on a dime and has significantly improved my surfing, I'm 34, but I really don't give a rat's ass what people think...find some good hills and you will have a freakin' blast!

Too old my a$$, I'm 43 going on 44, and I have two boards and will be getting a third.

Holesom street sweeper, paris 180, 3dm 75mm 77a, venom supercarve set up w/shr bushings.

Bustin iBach 40, Caliber 50 180mm, o-tang 75mm 86a, venom bushings and bustin 75mm 82a wheels too.

I had an Original custom 45, very unique skate ride, surfy feel. trucks require maintenance, check them out before you buy.

Check ebay too.

It's worth it to spend some $$

Quote Originally Posted by ginsumagic View Post
    I had an Original custom 45, very unique skate ride, surfy feel. trucks require maintenance, check them out before you buy.
    Hey ginsu, how often should the trucks be maintenanced? and how will i know when they need to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Hey ginsu, how often should the trucks be maintenanced? and how will i know when they need to be?
    I have an original 35 and when they start to really squeek is when I take them apart to clean and lube them. Depends how often you ride though. With originals just be sure to use the tube form of lithium grease, not the spray can. Don't over tighten them either, unless you want to be breaking the wave cams. If you want a tighter ride they have different spring rates on their site.

I ended up picking this board up over the weekend... I really like it... I was crusing all over my town on Sunday, lovin' it! .. Thanks for the info guys!!
    http://store.sector9.com/Product.asp...amboo%20Series

Quote Originally Posted by aapl View Post
    I ended up picking this board up over the weekend... I really like it... I was crusing all over my town on Sunday, lovin' it! .. Thanks for the info guys!!
    http://store.sector9.com/Product.asp...amboo%20Series
    Nice, Have fun with it! If anyone gives you sh!t tell them you'd rather die getting hit by a car skating then die from a heart attack cause you got fat watching football on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore View Post
    I have an original 35 and when they start to really squeek is when I take them apart to clean and lube them. Depends how often you ride though. With originals just be sure to use the tube form of lithium grease, not the spray can. Don't over tighten them either, unless you want to be breaking the wave cams. If you want a tighter ride they have different spring rates on their site.
    offshore is right on.
    I would clean mine when the grease got real dirty. Also if you don't ride it all the time then keep the cams clean or if the board is going to sit clean it before you park it, dirty grease is harder to clean and it will also hold onto contaminants like road salt which could harm the trucks. I used simple green to clean with.
    The guys at original are very helpful with maintenance and any other questions you may have. They all skate so they're real.

Nice, Have fun with it! If anyone gives you sh!t tell them you'd rather die getting hit by a car skating then die from a heart attack cause you got fat watching football on TV!
    Just remembered this, if you want to change the "ride" try venom bushings, they made my randal II's feel like "new" trucks. They make a super high rebound formula that's real poppy too.

Here's a guide I got from silverfish, I think that's where I got it, anyhow;

Bushings weight chart!!

50-100lbs 73-80a Duro
    75-125lbs 78-82a Duro
    100-145lbs 80-85a Duro
    125-175lbs 80-87a Duro

145-195lbs 82-90a Duro
    175-220lbs 85-93a Duro

200-250lbs 90-93a Duro
    225lbs+ 90-97a Duro

hahaha SO TRUE!!!!