LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

75 Degree Water in Monmouth County today

Pssssst. Yeah right. We all know that S. swells bring in cold ass water. But, shouldn't the reports reflect that? I mean it's not rocket science. But, 75 degrees comon? It was like 10 degrees colder then that and that's being generous. Felt more like 60. Feet got slightly numb. I can deal with the on/off reports since they are a challenge to predict. But a current water temp shouldn't be a problem. Water temp will either make or break your session if you are not prepared for it.

Lesson learned...... bring your wetsuit all the time.

/rant over

Was in the water at 7:00 am Sunday morn.Froze my a$$ off.I was wearing a 1 mill top and was still chilly.

summertime surf rule: if you're driving to the surf, pack a 3/2, 3mil booties, short-arm full, boardies, & a wetsuit top.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    summertime surf rule: if you're driving to the surf, pack a 3/2, 3mil booties, short-arm full, boardies, & a wetsuit top.
    Ya,Once in awhile you get caught with your pants down.I keep a spare suit in my truck but I was to lazy to walk back.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    eh the buoys are farther out so they may not get affected by upwelling (or the whatever process that makes it cold) as much

Images
    Yeah that cold water is right along the shore. The water further out is way warmer. You can even feel as you paddle out, the further you go the warmer it gets.