LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went surfing Friday. There were tons of people in the water. Both surfing and swimming. Total obsticle coarse. On days like that you can not get mad or take things personal. You do need to be very aware. (not saying you were not). When a good wave came in everyone is trying to catch it. There really isn't a line up at that point. Facts on days like this. 1) Your gonna get dropped in on. Since you can't see everyone and there are enough newbees and youngers that don't get it. 2) Your gonna get snaked. People don't care. 3) Chances are you might get bumped. So don't bring your brand new custom. 4) It is what it is so make the best of it. It was 110 degrees. I rather deal with the crowd. Most of the people surfing can't catch the waves so I cought as many as I wanted. I put myself in the least crowded area. I pulled out my surftech that can handle a bump or two. No worries.

So, this last saturday late afternoon we got some surf.... I have a gopro on one of my boards and caught an example of kids not caring and dropping in. the first kid at least pulls out of the wave, I give him a little spray as I pass bye (lol), but the 2nd kid drops in like he owns the place. Now I've had the exact situation with this kid for the past 3 surf sessions and every time I politely, but somewhat sternly, tell him "hey man, use your eyes when your taking off, if someone is coming at you, dont drop in on them.... I wouldnt do that to you man".... at least this time he said sorry.... but Im not sure if he's getting the message.... had he dinged the board.... I would have at least yelled like I was going to get violent... but I would never put my hands on anyone unless it was defense.... so what is one to do?
    Here's the gopro video...
    http://youtu.be/eKblyW99GLk

Hey - I surf Lincoln a lot and I have to say I have encountered a handful of surfers who just go. I mean, it doesn't matter who's go the right-of-way. They just take off. I had this old man (I posted about this on another site last summer) who rides a red retro fish. He looks like David Kerodine with the blond/balding front of his head and long hair in the back. Well, this guy would take just about EVERYTHING that came his way. Regardless of how many surfers were in the water. And that day was PACKED. It was a good 4ft and clean on a Saturday so you could imagine how many people were out. Anyways, he finally gets tangled up with someone and he's the aggro with shouting the words etc.. The guy is a good surfer and probably in LB his whole life. Doesn't excuse being a ****. Lucky not all surfers are this way...
    BTW, You should have beat that guys ass!

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    So, this last saturday late afternoon we got some surf.... I have a gopro on one of my boards and caught an example of kids not caring and dropping in. the first kid at least pulls out of the wave, I give him a little spray as I pass bye (lol), but the 2nd kid drops in like he owns the place. Now I've had the exact situation with this kid for the past 3 surf sessions and every time I politely, but somewhat sternly, tell him "hey man, use your eyes when your taking off, if someone is coming at you, dont drop in on them.... I wouldnt do that to you man".... at least this time he said sorry.... but Im not sure if he's getting the message.... had he dinged the board.... I would have at least yelled like I was going to get violent... but I would never put my hands on anyone unless it was defense.... so what is one to do?
    Here's the gopro video...
    http://youtu.be/eKblyW99GLk
    Nice vid. Thats a real young kid though. Probably doesn't get it.

So true. If you kick his ass he will call 911 so fast. Most tough guys a bad losers.