LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This kid rips

This kid rips

local grom from my hometown

Images
    8 years old and he's already a walking billboard

woah. kids like... what 3 foot 5in? those waves were like waist to head high.......lucky bast*rd

kid has talent, do doubt about it. i'm kinda concerned about the fact that he appears to have no etiquette whatsoever, as i counted at least 3 times in that clip that he burned other surfers...either it was never taught to him or he's already getting that "better than everyone else" mentality that allows low-level pros to justify dropping in on people.
    he also seems like he's trying too hard. granted, i don't know the kid & will likely never meet him. but the fact that he's 8 & stickered up like a billboard, & that (to my mind) he seemed so focused...more intent on "ripping" than just having fun. sad.

semi-old fart grumpyness aside, i sincerely miss being a grom when every day was at least chest high or better...

6. Great soundtrack for an 8 year old's promo clip, "Gutter Music". Gotta get that money, yo. All "homie" needs now is a "do-rag" and a "gat" to go along with his surfboard. Then he'll be keeping it "real" over at the local grade school. Hilarious.

Little dude should go far.Pretty amazing

8. That little grom is going to be staying above the lip, and the weather, for many years to come!! Sick vid!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    kid has talent, do doubt about it. i'm kinda concerned about the fact that he appears to have no etiquette whatsoever, as i counted at least 3 times in that clip that he burned other surfers...either it was never taught to him or he's already getting that "better than everyone else" mentality that allows low-level pros to justify dropping in on people.
    he also seems like he's trying too hard. granted, i don't know the kid & will likely never meet him. but the fact that he's 8 & stickered up like a billboard, & that (to my mind) he seemed so focused...more intent on "ripping" than just having fun. sad.

semi-old fart grumpyness aside, i sincerely miss being a grom when every day was at least chest high or better...
    With his size, he's probably used to surfing the inside reforms that most of the time nobody wants, so he hardly ever has to compete for waves. I've met him before, he's just like any other 8 y/o kid who likes to have fun

i'm surprised how no one commented on how funny that Gif was after the video.